|Goat / Live Ballroom Ritual|
|Album:||Live Ballroom Ritual||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-02-07||Pull Date:||2014-04-11|
|Week Ending:||13 Apr||6 Apr||23 Mar||16 Mar||9 Mar||2 Mar||23 Feb||16 Feb|
|1.||Feb 27, 2019:||Take a spin |
Let It Bleed
|4.||Jul 17, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
Run To Your Mama
|2.||Apr 29, 2016:||A Vist From Drum |
|5.||May 02, 2014:||A Visit From Drum (Doused) |
|3.||Oct 17, 2014:||A Visit From Drum (Legacies) |
|6.||Apr 10, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
Look, let's just put it right out there in the open: "World Music" was one of the best, most unexpected, albums of 2012. Goat blended together psych-rock, afro-beat, and Swedish occultism into a frenetic life-affirming mix. This live album (god I love that they call their concerts "rituals") culls together each song from their last CD as well as some recently released singles. In a live format, Goat is able to expand their tracks into even longer, more rewarding jams. The only downside to this album is that you wish you could have been there in person. Can't wait to hear whatever comes next from this thrilling young band. All songs have female vocals unless otherwise noted. Favorites: ALL. Seriously. Just play it. Turn the volume up and go wild. No FCCs.|
1. (6:56) *** Instrumental. Tentative dual guitar interplay that slowly builds. Distinctive, eastern melody works its way in. The journey begins.
2. (3:20) **** Killer, energetic jam with hectic drumming. A personal favorite from the debut.
3. (6:34) **** Funky guitar and bass extended into a much longer jam than the recorded version.
4. (3:04) *** Newly released single. Starts out with some crowd sounds. Start and stop, bright groove. Shout-y vocals.
5. (5:26) *** Mid-tempo afro-pop rocker. Sax breakdown halfway through. Yells of "let it bleed".
6. (4:37) **** Another new song. Mind-altering psychedelic guitar texture. Shouted, invigorating vocals. Segmented, complex, and sublimely catchy.
7. (6:24) **** Fantastic percussion and minimal afro-funk guitar. Extends into a mesmerizing, playful jam. Ends with shouts of "Boy you better run to your mama now" and manic ululations. Awesome.
8. (3:27) **** Heavily effected guitars. One of the best off the studio album that translates great live. Group vocals.
9. (5:00) *** Quiet start that bursts into a percussive jam with "na-na-na" chants. Noisy, damaged guitar.
10. (3:27) * Quieter, beatless number. Nice breather. Pretty vocals. Ends with distortion.
11. (11:08) **** Instrumental. Reprise of guitar line from first song extended into a massive unearthly jam to end all jams. If you have the time, play this behemoth.
12. (6:43) ** Fast, warped groove. Goes double time into a frantic, loud finish. Noisy rocker, Ends with about a minute of audience noise.
|1.||Diarabi||7.||Run To Your Mama|
|5.||Let It Bleed||11.||Det Som Aldrig Forandras-Kristallen Den Fina|
|6.||Dreambuilding||12.||The Sun The Moon|