|Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra / Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light On Everything|
|Album:||Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light On Everything||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra||Added:||02/2014|
|Add Date:||2014-02-21||Pull Date:||2014-04-25|
|Week Ending:||27 Apr||20 Apr||6 Apr||30 Mar||23 Mar||16 Mar||9 Mar||2 Mar|
|1.||Fri, 08 Apr 16:||DJ Aporia|
|4.||Fri, 06 Jun 14:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum (Best of 2014)
|2.||Tue, 05 Apr 16:||iota|
does radio suck?
|5.||Wed, 23 Apr 14:||Mister Esquire|
Meow After Midnight
|3.||Fri, 12 Dec 14:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum (Best of 014)
|6.||Fri, 18 Apr 14:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum
The ocean levels are rising. The gap between rich and poor is widening. The young are dying. Not tomorrow, not 10 years from now, but today. The apocalypse is now, and Thee Silver Mt. Zion is hell-bent on letting the listener know. This is urgent, chest-thumping music that cuts through the ironic 80's fetishizing and sunny vapidity of certain strands of indie rock. It's the kind of music that justifies an album title like "Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light On Everything". So stop reading and start listening—it's that good. All tracks have some combination of male vocals, female background vocals, and group chants. Favorites: 1(if not for the FCC) 2, 3, 5. FCCs: 1, 2, also watch out reading off the album title. DJ Muscat|
Others: Akron/Family, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Arcade Fire’s "Funeral" on LSD, Swans, Iceage
1. (10:22) FCC "fuck". Cute sample snippet intro. Explodes into a tremendous, droning, rock song. The FCC is a little hard to hear but best for safe harbor. Ends with group vocals and heavy heavy guitar.
2. (14:18) FCC "fuckin'" Begins with strummed acoustic guitar but transforms into an absolutely massive 14 minute folk-rock-punk-whatevergenreyouwant epic.
3. (6:47) **** Starts off with a vocal sample of a British woman talking about being a woman in the music industry. Most propulsive, energetic song on the album. Awesome asiatic violin flourishes.
4. (2:30) ** Slow. Sparse, beatless number. Pretty.
5. (11:23) *** Noisy waltz with apocalyptic lyrics and booming group vocals.
6. (3:58) * Opening vocal snippet of musician interview with French translations. Moving, lonely track with soft tom-tom drumming.
|1.||Fuck Off Get Free (For The Island Of Montreal)||4.||Little Ones Run|
|2.||Austerity Blues||5.||What We Loved Was Not Enough|
|3.||Take Away These Early Grave Blues||6.||Rains Thru The Roof At Thee Grande Ballroom (For Capital Steez)|