|Poehler, Aaron & Ryan Tully-Doyle / Dietrich|
|Artist:||Poehler, Aaron & Ryan Tully-Doyle||Added:||03/2014|
|Add Date:||2014-03-07||Pull Date:||2014-05-09|
|Week Ending:||4 May||13 Apr||16 Mar||9 Mar|
|1.||May 03, 2014:||Live Your Life |
|4.||Apr 29, 2014:||More Good Good |
|2.||May 03, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|5.||Apr 09, 2014:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||May 01, 2014:||Meow |
|6.||Mar 15, 2014:||Chillin' With Diego |
Right Behind You
Aaron Poehler & Ryan Tully-Doyle|
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Indy pop paying homage to the UK scene of the early 80’s. Smooth low baritone voice, which at times has shades of the almighty Eldritch. Lots of styles & era’s mixing it up on this release. The first track sets the bar very high, with the rest not really getting there, for me. Although, plenty for KZSU to play I would have thought. San Diego based.
Like a cross between The Psychedelic Furs & Fields Of The Nephilim, plus any number of 80’s Independent bands.
Different class: 1
1) Sleeper (2.39) Fast paced majesty combined with laid back growling angst. I’ve missed songs like this.
2) And In The End (3.35) Slower paced with sparkly keys & guitars. Not enough woe.
3) Right Behind You (4.12) Standard up beat Indy fare.
4) Aerial (2.31) Similar to the first one, just not nearly as good – Plenty of whirling & swirling guitars. Female voice at the beginning showed a glimmer of promise.
5) Everyone Knows Here Name (3.29) Slight 60’s feel with that slow-ish trancey psychedelic quality.
6) Anhedonia (2.55) Another faster paced track – The last 30 seconds of the guitars make the song.
7) Unwinding (3.09) Indy pop, with elements of chilled out rock. Mid paced.
8) Blue Zero (2.57) Foot thumping start & then onto the usual fast paced Indy rock.
9) Gotten Fueling (3.31) I wanted to like this, but it’s the same as the previous track really.
10) Turn And Run (4.27) Rumbling guitars – Again, average Indy pop. The voice over makes it interesting.
11) Bananas For Legs (2.46) Mid paced with nice intro – goes pear shaped after bananas are mentioned.
|2.||And In The End||7.||Unwinding|
|3.||Right Behind You||8.||Blue Zero|
|5.||Everyone Knows Her Name||10.||Turn And Run|
|11.||Bananas For Legs|