Though this is his first solo release, he was a part of Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band and is currently also involved with Iska Dhaaf. The songs here are either blatant classic rock or an adventurous variation of it. It’s all decent stuff. I especially enjoyed the first and the tenth track.
Best tracks: 1, 4, 10, 11
1. (1:59 )***Mid. Rhythmic, Da da da of guitars. Nice classic rock sound.
2. (3:16) Mid. Funky. Cowbell comes in for the chorus. Oohs.
3. (3:09) Old school vibe, sultry. Electric guitar plucking.
4. (3:26) ***Slow. Echo effect on his voice at times. Strummed acoustic.
5. (3:12) Mid. Fast-paced drumming.
6. (3:22) Slow. Plucked instruments at first then brings in horns.
7. (3:21) Harmonies and interesting percussions.
8. (2:51) Female singer joins. Talking singing mostly.
9. (3:40) Ascending percussions. Moments of sparse instrumentation in the first half. Second half is uptempo and emphatic.
10. (3:18) ***Back to the classic rock sound from the start of CD. Gentleness in his voice.
11. (3:10) ***Uses a foreign language and adopts a stripped down sound; just him and a guitar.