|Eagulls / Eagulls|
|Add Date:||2014-03-14||Pull Date:||2014-05-16|
|Week Ending:||18 May||11 May||4 May||27 Apr||20 Apr||13 Apr||6 Apr||30 Mar|
|1.||Mar 10, 2016:||radio seven |
|4.||May 14, 2014:||Meow After Midnight |
|2.||Oct 30, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
|5.||May 13, 2014:||A-philiac |
Footsteps, Yellow Eyes, Footsteps
|3.||May 14, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
|6.||May 12, 2014:||Box of Chocolates |
Young British band Eagulls bring together the sinister elements of post-punk and the wiry energy of punk rock. Riveting from start to finish with surprisingly interesting lyrics beneath the waves of guitar and barked vocals. A raucous mess. Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9. No FCCs.|
Others: Iceage "New Brigade", Joy Division, Holograms, Wire
1. (4:05) **** Chugging bass with clouds of guitar distortion. Passionate, infectious vocals. Quick fade-out. Personal favorite.
2. (3:20) ** Prominent bass that builds into a noisy chorus before the song reconstructs itself midway through.
3. (3:55) *** Thumping rocker with drums high up in the mix. Exhilarating.
4. (4:01) ** Almost 80's Cure-ish vibe. One of the more melodic songs on the album.
5. (3:36) ** More of the same. Nice vocal intonation and catchy chorus.
6. (3:08) *** Ascending melody matched alongside shouted ragged vocals. Pretty simple structurally but you can't beat raw energy like this.
7. (4:09) **** Dark ominous bass line alongside strained paranoid vocals. Spine-tingling.
8. (2:38) ** Chaotic, cathartic, climactic…I can't think of any more adjectives.
9. (3:19) *** Destined for a teen-angst movie somewhere. Great call and response chorus.
10. (5:01) Pulsing guitar noise builds into a stormy fuzz drenched rocker.
|3.||Yellow Eyes||8.||Fester / Blister|
|5.||Amber Veins||10.||Soulless Youth|