|Add Date:||2014-04-11||Pull Date:||2014-06-13|
|Week Ending:||Jun 15||Jun 8||Jun 1||May 25||May 18||May 11||May 4||Apr 27|
|1.||Jan 08, 2015:||The Sunset Life
|4.||Jun 10, 2014:||The Sunset Life
|2.||Oct 30, 2014:||The Fishbowl
|5.||Jun 07, 2014:||Music Casserole
|3.||Oct 09, 2014:||The Sunset Life
|6.||Jun 05, 2014:||The Sunset Life
Settle Me Down
Classic blues-rock sound over much of the album.
Songs often have a jam aesthetic, beginning with a verse / chorus structure and ending with a solo over a vamping rhythm section. Influences are drawn widely from classic rock, blues rock, and indie. Indeed, this album seems to lack a stylistic thread, but each song hangs together individually, and feels like taking a tour through rock history.
1. 5:14 Classic blues rock sound, similar to Skynyrd, complete with organ, Hendrix-influenced solo distortion, harmonica jam-style solo
2. 3:21 Picked riff opens to a Three Dog Night-style organ-driven upbeat blues jam.
3. 5:29 Power sax! Rhythm-section driven dense sound with keys, bass, and guitar playing a repeated 2-bar phrase. Vocals are screamed over the din, giving a loose wild feeling to this jam-oriented track.
4. 4:32 FCC at 1:26 Dripping water and guttural noises over pounding bass open into a fast paced punk-influenced track, ends with jam-style anticlimax
5. 3:12 Swing beat with piano riff, steel guitar, and twangy guitar distortion sounds like a Neil Young song without the haunting vocals. Harmonica solo outro.
6. 6:17 * Electric blues solo over fast frenetic rhythm section, punk-style bass and vocals. Electric noise and Jerry Lewis-style piano rock and vox screams. The rock saxophone returns!
7. 4:59 Laid-back slide guitar, reverbed organ, and cheery rhythm guitar give a rambling rolling feel to this track, fade out guitar solo
8. 3:41 Heavy reverb and distortion vocals a bit like the Strokes, up tempo piano and power-chord driven indie-style rock, heavy distorted solo guitar fade out
|2.||Get What You Give||6.||Pearly Gates|
|3.||Another Night||7.||Settle Me Down|
|4.||Different Days||8.||Going Down|