|Arrange / Their Bodies In A Fog|
|Album:||Their Bodies In A Fog||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-04-04||Pull Date:||2014-06-06|
|Week Ending:||8 Jun||1 Jun||4 May||27 Apr||20 Apr||13 Apr|
|1.||Jan 09, 2015:||The Sunset Life (2014 Favorites, Part 2) |
|4.||May 02, 2014:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Jun 04, 2014:||Meow After Midnight |
Heart // What If This Were It?
|5.||Apr 24, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
|3.||May 31, 2014:||Live Your Life |
|6.||Apr 23, 2014:||Meow After Midnight |
Portland resident Malcolm Lacey’s new full length is another understatedly pretty and pillow-like fusion of bedroom-produced electronica and slowcore. As with his previous releases, Lacey continues to plumb extremely heavy emotional territory, but this album seems much less urgent than his earlier Plantation or New Memory, sometimes even tending toward a more sedate version of the ambient R&B being made by artists like How to Dress Well. Favorites: 2, 5, 6, 8, 9. No FCCs noted.|
1. (1:19)—Mid-tempo. Like an intro to a 90s slowcore epic.
2. *(4:55)—Medium-slow, chilling, epic, slightly poppy. Twinkling synths, warm guitar, horn sounds.
3. (4:13)—Slow, soft, washed out, cavernous.
4. (2:18)—Slow, hopeful. Chopped vocals, elements of modern R&B.
5. *(2:26)—Medium-slow, beatless, soft, piano heavy. Second half has a muffled sound.
6. *(6:13)—Instrumental. First half is minimal and dreamy in a twinkling sort of way. Second half is woozy and haunted, like a VHS tape on the slowest speed possible.
7. (3:20)—Medium-slow, with more overt R&B sensibilities. Features Ricky Eat Acid.
8. *(2:37)—Mid-tempo, clicking beat. Chugs along calmly. Glitchy ending.
9. *(3:12)—Slow, restrained. Shuffling beat. Ambient second half.
10. (2:05)—Slow, simple, warm, hopeful dirge.
11. (3:11)—Slow, epic. Synth arpeggios, drones, heavily reverbed guitar.
|1.||A Fog||6.||Heart // What If This Were It?|
|2.||Home||7.||Alumni (W/ Ricky Eat Acid)|
|11.||Say You Will|