|Cloud Nothings / Here And Nowhere Else|
|Album:||Here And Nowhere Else||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-04-04||Pull Date:||2014-06-06|
|Week Ending:||8 Jun||1 Jun||25 May||18 May||11 May||4 May||27 Apr||20 Apr|
|1.||Sep 27, 2022:||Radio Personality (rebroadcast from Apr 10, 2014) |
I'm Not Part Of Me
|4.||Dec 12, 2015:||Narnia |
|2.||Mar 10, 2016:||All Passion No Technique |
Now Hear In
|5.||Nov 20, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
|3.||Feb 18, 2016:||All Passion No Technique |
Now Hear In
|6.||Oct 30, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
Attack on Memory, Cloud Nothings’ last album, was a roaring 2000 mph pop-punk fastball out of left field from someone who’d previously been known for catchy pop songs. Here and Nowhere Else is a masterful refinement of Attack’s aggression—even more unrelenting and pointed, like a high-power firehouse. All songs are super fast and super amazing. Particular favorites: 1, 7, 8. FCC WARNING: 6. |
1. *(3:31)—Crunchy, heavy on the low-end. Speeds up during the choruses. There are harmonies! And they’re good! And check out that intense bridge!
2. (3:04)—Anthemic, jumps between minor and major key. What if everyone in The Strokes had an adrenaline rush and started caring about the quality of their music? Here you go.
3. (2:53)—Starts slowly, picks up suddenly. Particularly angsty and screamy. Bonkers drumming at the end.
4. (3:09)—Okay, remember what I said about The Strokes two tracks ago? Forget them entirely. Just play this instead.
5. (3:49)—Heavy riffage on the verses. The choruses sound like the band’s about to launch a missile (riding up that fretboard).
6. (3:05)—FCC WARNING. Bouncy, frustrated. Tortured repetition of the line, “I don’t even talk about it.”
7. *(7:24)—Starts as an ultra jagged, noisy pop-punk anthem. About halfway through, turns into this dissonant and high-octane Glenn Branca thing, which then mutates into a freaking gorgeous and triumphant coda.
8. *(4:35)—Especially poppy, just a bit slower. Excellent chorus. This song is so catchy it may induce mild headaches and nausea upon withdrawl (this is a good thing, by the way).
|1.||Now Hear In||5.||Giving Into Seeing|
|2.||Quieter Today||6.||No Thoughts|
|3.||Psychic Trauma||7.||Pattern Walks|
|4.||Just See Fear||8.||I'm Not Part Of Me|