Chicago Underground Duo- Locus
Label: Northern Spy Records
Experimental something. Jazz? Electronica? Welp, you tell me. Drums, bass, and then some lo-fi instrumentation and electronic effects. Second release from Chad Taylor & Rob Mazurek. Reminiscent of Flying Lotus. All instrumentals. Try it out!
Picks: 3, *4*, 8
1 (3:41). Spacey psychedelic sounds, drums and bass accompaniment on the LSD induced journey. Oh fork yeah.
2. (4:15) Trumpet comes into the mix alongside some fast drumming. Missing a layer of something though
*3. (2:35) Oooooo onderwater weirdness. Bassy noisy sounds for all the X fans out there ;)
**4. (4:33) Nice little funk going on here, instruments + synths. A little shakers for ya shimmy. Very nice.
5. (5:28) Cacophony. But really, I don't get what they're trying to do here.
6. (3:58) Flutes, string scratching, and weird stuff. Moody.
7. (5:44) More of the strange, but a bit more discernible. Faster, drums, and an at times a screeching horn too.
*8. (5:27) Very cool and fun/fast beginning. Cool flute(?)/ instruments too.
9. (4:06) Excited ending note, different counting scheme that I can't deduce, but song-like.