|Various Artists / Second Sky & Thomas Blondet Remixes|
|Album:||Second Sky & Thomas Blondet Remixes||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Rhythm And Culture|
|Add Date:||2014-04-04||Pull Date:||2014-06-06|
|Week Ending:||25 May||4 May||27 Apr||20 Apr||13 Apr||6 Apr|
|1.||Mon, 19 May 14:||Harry|
|4.||Mon, 14 Apr 14:||Mayjahn|
|2.||Mon, 28 Apr 14:||Mayjahn|
|5.||Thu, 10 Apr 14:||Arcana|
|3.||Thu, 24 Apr 14:||Arcana|
|6.||Sat, 05 Apr 14:||Father Tom|
The Proselytizer Radio News Hour
Second Sky & Thomas Blondet, Remixes|
Label: P&C Rhythm & Culture Music
Ok so this is a really cool CD. Its a collection of awesome songs that Second Sky and Thomas Blondet [ESL Resident DJ in DC] have remixed. Now, granted, a lot of the originals I don't know, but most of the remixes are ON POINT. Mellow, Indian influenced, downtempo/ loungey stuff coming your way. Some funk and bossa thrown in for good measure. Featuring Thievery Corporation, Afrolicious, Balkan Beat Box, and Nickodemus to mention a few.
Picks: 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 12, *13*, *14*, 17 (or really any of the trax)
1. Dreamy remix of Thievery Corporation's Stargazer. Very twinkly, smoky, groovy, and hellllla heady.
*2. Stoned with nice bass and horn section and drums. 6 bong rips into the afternoon goodness oh yea.
*3. Fantastic remix of Afrolicious's Bade Walou. Indian vocals, trumpet, shakers, downtempo… reminds me of a forest campout.
4. Faster beats mixed with psychedelic flares. Nice.
*5. Faster but still loungey feel. Shakers and lovely male vox rock you to sleep with those nice synths. Very relaxing, like a rainforest canopy.
*6. Funky with french spoken vox, psychedelic spy-theme with Middle Eastern vibes.
7. Niiiice hand drum and sitar action with little shimmers. Male vox.
8. Sultry fem vox and twinkles. Bass/ drums.Ooooooo ooo oo o!
*9. Fun Indian tune with shakers, bass, and sitar!! Gets you moving for sure.
10. Breather track, hand drums, nice fem vox. Slightly whoozy.
11. Back to that stoned lyfe. Horns, male vox, and dub vibes.
*12. Instrumental fast take on a Fort Knox Five's Indian-influenced jam-- strung out at times.
**13. Oooooo bossa comes in now with male vox, horns, shakers, and lurve! Heck yea!
**14. Oh the funk has arrived in the best way possible.
15. Dreamy horns drums and shakers. Sleepy too. yawn. Seems like it skips halfway through but its just the song…
16. Stoned bass leads the way with some female vox coming in and out.
*17. Spacey Indian flairs alongside beats and psychedelia. Flutes! Mmhmm.