|Colourmusic / May You Marry Rich|
|Album:||May You Marry Rich||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-04-04||Pull Date:||2014-06-06|
|Week Ending:||8 Jun||1 Jun||25 May||18 May||11 May||4 May||27 Apr||20 Apr|
|1.||Oct 04, 2018:||Being as an ocean |
The Duchess / Dreamgirl '82
|4.||May 27, 2017:||Ode to Year Two |
|2.||Nov 18, 2017:||Reckless Burning |
|5.||Dec 10, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
Rendezvous With Destiny
|3.||Jun 09, 2017:||The Lord's Last Supper |
|6.||Oct 25, 2016:||Waste FM |
Sometimes albums have a way of sneaking up on you. Colourmusic's new CD "May You Marry Rich" does just that, delivering a psych-rock mini masterpiece full of exquisite detail and attention to space. As much as I already love this CD, I can only imagine it becoming more and more of a favorite as the year goes on. The kind of unknown hidden gem you join KZSU for. Male falsetto vox throughout.|
Favorites: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12. FCC 4
Others: Thee Oh Sees, Tame Impala, Suuns, Darkside "Psychic", MBV
1. (3:28) *** Dramatic brassy synth atop a hypnotic beat. Wonderfully detailed and textured.
2. (4:12) *** Bright psych rocker with technicolor guitars and effected vox. Brass elements again.
3. (3:50) *** A jaunty beat drives the subtly shifting instrumental backdrop and song structure. Intelligent Dream Pop?
4. (4:09) FCC "fuck". Shimmering, romantic pop. One of the weaker songs on the album to my ears.
5. (7:01) * Krauty drums with dark whispered vocals. Tense, escalating atmosphere. Midway through amps up the volume. A little stagnant for its longish runtime but good nonetheless.
6. (7:08) ** Cash register beat and bluesy guitars. Synth laden chorus atop some oddly effected drums. Dramatic background vox. Last 2 minutes becomes more jammy.
7. (3:32) *** Dirty, immediate rocker. Addictive falsetto vox used to full effect here. Almost has a classic rock vibe.
8. (4:38) **** Massive drums anchor a distorted groove. Phenomenal drumming on the chorus. Catchiest song on the record.
9. (4:48) *** Ominous atmosphere and ragged guitars. Slinky secret agent feel. Awesome.
10. (4:38) * Excellent, creative drumming as usual. More meditative and spacey. Slightly folky.
11. (2:02) Short windswept interlude.
12. (6:20) ** Swaggering, noisy riffs and absolutely diabolical drumming. Ballsy finish to an exploratory album.
|2.||Dreamgirl '82||8.||Horse Race|
|3.||Rendezvous With Destiny||9.||Snake In Mouth|
|6.||Audacity Of Hope||12.||Idiot|