|Dresser, Mark, Gerry Hemingway & Assif Tsahar / Code Re(A)D|
|Artist:||Dresser, Mark, Gerry Hemingway & Assif Tsahar||Added:||04/2014|
|Add Date:||2014-04-25||Pull Date:||2014-06-27||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||8 Jun||1 Jun||25 May||18 May||11 May||4 May||27 Apr|
|1.||Jul 04, 2014:||Rebop |
|4.||May 31, 2014:||Live Your Life |
|2.||Jun 28, 2014:||Box of Chocolates (Sub) |
|5.||May 30, 2014:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|3.||Jun 05, 2014:||Rebop |
|6.||May 24, 2014:||Music Casserole |
Mark Dresser, Gerry Hemingway & Assif Tsahar/ Code Re(a)d|
Really cool jazz album. Many songs feature very lively and almost dizzying saxophone work with fast drumming. Others are quite chill with bass and strings taking over. Overall, quite an interesting jazz album that will leave listeners invigorated or exhausted.
1. (9:38) Very impressive saxophone and drum play. Lots of energy in this one.
2. (6:33) Sounds like great background music for a poetry slam.
3. (4:57) Great work on the strings and bass. Sax joins in for another lively song.
4. (5:57) Not quite as lively as the others. A little lonely and dark.
5. (10:00) He goes to work on that sax again. Song starts off quiet but really picks up.
6. (2:44) Mostly drums and bass in this one.
7. (10:24) Not very jazzy in the beginning, lots of strange sounds and squeaks.
8. (12:24) Very powerful saxophone play and drumming.
|1.||Comprehensive Passages||5.||Resounding Reasoning|
|2.||Oblique Interpretations||6.||Endangered Artifacts|
|3.||Deceptive Responses||7.||(A)Pplied Syntax|
|4.||Expanded Metaphors||8.||Divided Layers|