|Genders / Get Lost|
|Add Date:||2014-04-18||Pull Date:||2014-06-20|
|Week Ending:||22 Jun||15 Jun||8 Jun||25 May||18 May||11 May||4 May||27 Apr|
|1.||Jun 18, 2014:||Meow After Midnight |
|4.||Jun 07, 2014:||Box of Chocolates (Sub) |
|2.||Jun 14, 2014:||Meow |
|5.||May 24, 2014:||Live Your Life |
Something To Get You By
|3.||Jun 10, 2014:||A-philiac |
|6.||May 21, 2014:||Meow After Midnight |
Zebra on the album cover is always a plus. Type of music that’s better if you’re in a… psychedelic mood. If you liked the Hotline Miami OST, this album should fit well. Fluctuates between angry, distorted guitars and quiet trances. Leaves me with a bunch of indie- and post-rock vibes.|
1. (5:59; Something To Get You By) Powerful start, washed-out vocals+guitar, standard indie-rock
2. *(4:38; Atlas Moth) Similar feel to 1, not anything too interesting, good time-filler, female vocals, showcases the band’s talents
3. (4:24; Sugarcoat) Fluffy. Lighthearted. Percussion makes it worth a listen.
4. (4:43; The Wilderness) This is starting to get a little repetitive… almost a continuation of 3
5. (4:05; Golden State) Drumstick hits leading up to peppy guitar, title is very befitting
6. (5:09; How Long Can I Wait?) Sparse male vocals, discordant guitar riffs… transfers to quiet melody that lurches into a cacophonous angsty guitar smorgasbord
7. (4:44; Technicolor Vision) Female vocals are still a little quiet, but the melody overall isn’t bad. I love the guitar solo on this one. Standard indie rock
8. (4:51; Secrets) Intro makes you expect a fairly run-of-the-mill song, but occasional meter-changing outbursts keep you on your toes
9. (0:52; Close My Eyes) Gritty, laid-back, short.. skip it unless you’re playing 10 afterwards.
10. **(4:02; Twin Peaks) Best song of the album. Perfect combination of instruments/vocals, lyrics aren’t an afterthought.
11. *(3:53; Oakland) Nice start. Good driving music. Quiet section is filled with spacey guitars. Definitely worth a listen.
12. (4:13; Four Years) Excellent guitar duet, lots of ambient sounds, sounds layer in a way that’s initially satisfying but gets old after a minute or two.
|1.||Something To Get You By||7.||Technicolor Vision|
|3.||Sugarcoat||9.||Clos My Eyes|
|4.||The Wilderness||10.||Twin Peaks|
|6.||How Long Can I Wait?||12.||Four Years|