|Walking Shapes / Taka Come On|
|Album:||Taka Come On||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-04-25||Pull Date:||2014-06-27|
|Week Ending:||22 Jun||1 Jun||25 May||18 May||11 May||4 May|
|1.||Jun 21, 2014:||Monkey Business |
|4.||May 27, 2014:||More Good Good |
|2.||May 31, 2014:||Live Your Life |
|5.||May 26, 2014:||Eclectic Erudition |
Measure For Measure
|3.||May 31, 2014:||Stringless Balloon - Victoria + Scuttle Toes |
|6.||May 24, 2014:||Chillin' with Diego |
Taka Come On
Reviewed by BravoMarco
New York rockers new release that shows signs of plenty of good things to come. Full of energy & passion. Blending a combination of folksiness & pop all within an Indy framework. Nice addition to the KZSU playlist.
Liking the best 1
FCC’s* 2 – rest OK
1) Woah Tiger (3.23) Driving tour de force…. until “woah tiger” is sung. Maybe too picky - this would have been a real classic for me without that though. Strong vocals. The single release & highlight off the LP.
2) Milo’s Shell* (3.32) Mild mid paced pop sound. “Fuckin” mentioned a few times.
3) Find Me (3.09) Slowing it down, string based ballad.
4) Winter Fell (2.56) More of an upbeat pop track.
5) In The Wake (3.21) Energy packed Indy standard.
6) Mussolini (4.02) Down beat atmospheric mélange.
7) Let It Will (3.26) A bit more angst to this one, mid paced woe.
8) Saturday Song (3.13) Garage-y & full of vigor once it gets going.
9) (No) (4.33) Almost a reggae beat going on at first, nice effects-It’s a busy track, but works.
10) Feel Good (3.22) Pop beat with a happy feel about it.
11) Measure For Measure (3.37) Mild mannered with psychedelic tendencies.
12) Chinatown (5.05) Right in there with the Chinese sound - Then it moves into a more generic mid tempo Indy sound.
13) The Right Time (3.22) Another feel good track. Sounds like a U2 crowd pleaser.
|1.||Woah Tiger||7.||Let It Will|
|2.||Milo's Shell||8.||Saturday Song|
|4.||Winter Fell||10.||Feel Good|
|5.||In The Wake||11.||Measure For Measure|
|13.||The Right Time|