|Ought / More Than Any Other Day|
|Album:||More Than Any Other Day||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-05-09||Pull Date:||2014-07-11|
|Week Ending:||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||15 Jun||8 Jun||1 Jun||25 May||18 May|
|1.||Tue, 01 Aug 17:||dog|
|4.||Thu, 04 Jun 15:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum
|2.||Thu, 27 Apr 17:||dog|
night tapes #2
|5.||Thu, 21 May 15:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum
|3.||Fri, 16 Oct 15:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum (Treasure Island)
|6.||Thu, 19 Mar 15:||Matthew|
Genre: post post-punk, socialism, canada|
"Today, more than any other day, I am excited to feel the Milk of Human Kindness. And today, more than any other day, I am excited to go grocery shopping. And today, more than any other day, I am prepared to make the decision between 2% and whole milk."
Others: Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra, Clinic, Protomartyr, Velvet Underground, Women, Slint
Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 7, 8. FCC: 2
1. (5:55) *** Angular jerky guitar. Delightfully off-kilter. Becomes progressively more unhinged. 3:00-4:00 settles into an instrumental string heavy interlude before rocketing back into the initial groove.
2. (5:16) FCC "fucking" (not obscene and really briefly at the end so go at it for safe harbor). Tentative guitar intro. Takes awhile to build energy but once it does it's absolutely relentless. Really funny/self-aware/perceptive lyrics. Too bad about the FCC :(
3. (6:04) **** Deeper soulful tinge to the vocals on this one. Really great guitar work. Definite one of my favorites. Droney Velvet Underground-esque finish.
4. (4:37) *** Math rock, slightly jazzy, feel. Punchy keyboard on the chorus.
5. (4:52) Beatless keyboard intro joined by violin. Plodding, and a little less interesting than some of the other songs on the album but still worthwhile. More of a folk quality to the vocals.
6. (5:27) ** Sharp drums give an almost dance-punk feel. Gritted teeth vocals. Awesome transition at 3:00 suddenly spoken vocals then noisier interlaced guitars and lyrics about how "we've reached the intermission". Fades out.
7. (6:59) *** Tense yet playful instrumental intro. Almost whispered vocals. Builds in speed and intensity and singing becomes more confrontational. Ends almost cold with ~5 seconds left.
8. (6:51) *** Really cool ambient textures then accelerates into an increasingly frantic energy. Invigorating closer.
|2.||Today, More Than Any Other Day||6.||Around Again|
|4.||The Weather Song||8.||Gemini|