|Faint, The / Doom Abuse|
|Artist:||Faint, The||Added:||May 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-05-16||Pull Date:||2014-07-18|
|Week Ending:||Jul 20||Jul 13||Jul 6||Jun 15||Jun 8||May 25|
|1.||Jul 15, 2014:||Meow |
Help In The Head
|4.||Jul 04, 2014:||Octagonal Banana |
|2.||Jul 13, 2014:||Pentagonal Banana |
|5.||Jun 14, 2014:||Meow |
|3.||Jul 11, 2014:||Octagonal Banana |
Loss Of Head
|6.||Jun 07, 2014:||Music Casserole |
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Indie/Rock-Pop outfit from Nebraska. If nothing else these lot know how to name their tracks. Seems to be influenced by a whole number of new wave, skateboard, punk sounds, all infused with 80’s electro pop. Male vocals have a sense of suffering about them at times. Enough for KZSU listeners, I would have thought.
1) Help In The Head (4.22) Starts strongly enough, this is all over the place though. Very busy. Elements of glossy new wave/ punkiness do manage to shine through.
2) Mental Radio (2.46) Early Cure-esque at first, then it’s all electro fast paced pop.
3) Evil Voices (3.42) Standard Indy/Pop up beat fare, with an electro feel to it.
4) Salt My Doom (2.19) Great title. Fast. Just not fast enough.
5) Animal Needs (3.50) Thumps along with gusto. Amusing lyrics.
6) Loss Of Head (2.58) In the same vain as the previous tracks - Pop Punk.
7) Dress Code (1.47) Plinky plonky with effected voices. Euro beat fun.
8) Scapegoat (2.00) One for the teenager’s pogoing down the front.
9) Your Stanger (2.48) New Wave track – Lots of energy to it
10) Lessons From The Darkness (3.52) Sounds like “A Flock Of Seagulls”, without the hair do.
11) Unseen Hand (4.16) You can imagine this going down well performed live – Up beat with some electronica thrown in.
12) Damage Control (4.29) Slower track going for a dreamy quality. Weakest track.
|1.||Help In The Head||7.||Dress Code|
|3.||Evil Voices||9.||Your Stranger|
|4.||Salt My Doom||10.||Lesson From The Darkness|
|5.||Animal Needs||11.||Unseen Hand|
|6.||Loss Of Head||12.||Damage Control|