|Add Date:||2014-05-16||Pull Date:||2014-07-18|
|Week Ending:||Jul 20||Jul 13||Jun 22||Jun 15||Jun 1||May 25||May 18|
|1.||Jul 17, 2014:||The Sunset Life
|4.||Jul 07, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
Nada Em Vao
|2.||Jul 10, 2014:||The Sunset Life
|5.||Jun 21, 2014:||Music Casserole
|3.||Jul 10, 2014:||Amber Waves
|6.||Jun 19, 2014:||fried egg
Amarante: you may know him from Little Joy (which he did with Fabrizio Moretti, drummer from Strokes, who collaborates here), also fronted Los Hermanos, and did stuff with Devendra Banhart (who also appears here). Also appearing: Kristen Wiig (?)
Everything here is pretty great, some in Portuguese, some in English. No FCCs.
1. (3:05) ***** Soft wafting vox over drum beat, with dissonant honking sax in middle... weirdo spacey fadeout
2. (3:32) ***** Plinky synthey keyboard sound over maracas... loungey organs, overbaked paranoiac sound
3. (4:08) *** Guitar picking, fuzzy lullaby vox gets louder and meandering
4. (3:17) *** Sleepy guitar and vox. Pleasant, classic '60s-style Brazilian Bossa.
5. (2:39) *** Rockier, kinda M.M.T-type Beatlesy + Samba
6. (3:19) * Sleepy, kinda forgettable.
7. (4:49) *** A little syrupy, etc, etc. But spacey background expands. Very sweet texture, a la Beach House
8. (2:52) **** Slinkier, plinky rich guitar. Opens up into syrupy sax. [BACKGROUND VOX INCLUDE KRISTEN WIIG; WEIRD...]
9. (2:36) **** Atmosphere of dread, piano chords and talking in background in Japanese. Minimal, haunting
10. (3:49) ** Choir, then light scratching, then smooth vox.
11. (3:33) *** Pleasant guitar strumming and singing, classic Brazilian, with haunting choral bg [NOTE: WHAT A WEIRD COLLECTION OF PEOPLE: INCLUDING KRISTEN WIIG, DEVENDRA BANHART, MOLDY PEACHES MEMBER ADAM GREEN]
|1.||Nada Em Vao||6.||Fall Asleep|
|3.||Mon Nom||8.||O Cometa|