|Gauthier, Mary / Trouble & Love|
|Album:||Trouble & Love||Collection:||Country|
|Label:||In the Black Records|
|Add Date:||2014-09-05||Pull Date:||2014-11-07||Charts:||Country/Bluegrass|
|Week Ending:||2 Nov||19 Oct||5 Oct||28 Sep||14 Sep||7 Sep|
|1.||May 18, 2022:||Traditions (rebroadcast from Mar 11, 2022) |
|4.||Oct 18, 2014:||The Iron Skillet |
Walking Each Other Home
|2.||Mar 11, 2022:||Traditions |
|5.||Oct 02, 2014:||MountainMusic |
When A Woman Goes Cold
|3.||Oct 28, 2014:||That's Not Bluegrass |
|6.||Oct 02, 2014:||1060995 |
Trouble And Love, False From True, When A Woman Goes Cold
Mary Gauthier / Trouble & Love – Where country meets folk music. Beautifully constructed melodies interplay with simple vocals. The detail with which each instrument is played makes this album a gem|
(1) 3:51: Slow song. Drawling vocals over simple acoustic chord changes.
(2) 2:55: Slow melodic song about a love gone bad. Some stringed instrument, piano, and strummed guitar.
(3) 6:15: Slow rolling song. Nice mix of guitar and piano to build up the song. Guitar instrumental nicely placed in song.
(4) 5:26: Lovely finger plucking and a soft duet.
*(5) 4:59: Song starts with just slide guitar, and builds up. In comes strong strumming and piano to strengthen the song. The slide guitar in this song is really well done.
*(6) 4:17: Has a nice, head bobbing, beat. Beautifully flowing instrumentation that transitions through different instruments. Instantly inspires you to sway in its medium paced melody.
(7) 5:07: Soft strumming guitar and some organ. Reverb electric guitar solo adds to the song.
(8) 5:31: Full bodied song. Faster song in the album. Simple but beautifully sung lyrics.
Reviewed by Chelsea – Sept 3, 2014
|1.||When A Woman Goes Cold||5.||Worthy|
|2.||False From True||6.||Walking Each Other Home|
|3.||Trouble And Love||7.||How You Learn To Live Alone|
|4.||Oh Soul||8.||Another Train|