Second release by multi talented Seattle native, Kaoru Ishibashi.
Lots of violins, percussion, all wrapped up with an experimental edge to it. Violin influenced electro pop. Elements of classical, experimental & a fair amount of pure pop. Some work better than others – Can’t knock the imaginative track titles.
Liking 1, 6, (both instrumentals)
1) Debut- Impromptu (0.48) Violin whirl of delight that could have lasted for hours…
2) Philosophize In It! Chemicalize With It! (3.21) Big sound with lots going on. The mellower moments make it for me (which isn’t for long enough)
3) The Ballad Of Mr Steak (3.19) An upbeat pop track – Weakest for me.
4) Carry On Phenomenon (4.04) Similar to above, up-tempo. Not enough of the lovely orchestral flourishes.
5) Bittersweet Genesis For Him AND Here (3.33) Different softer approach to the sound & vocals – A more delicate feel.
6) Impromptu No 1(0.59) A whirlitzer of sound – A too short go round the carousel.
7) Q & A (3.12) Folkier jolly sound. Get your shorts on, singing round the bonfire.
8) Once Upon A Lucid Dream (In Afrikaans) (4.06) Lots of influences here – Pretty busy throughout. Elements of it are great – Then it goes off into other directions.
9) Hahaha Pt 1 (2.42) Violin loops lead the way – A very summery track, maybe the single release?
10) Hahaha Pt 2 (4.01) Also has that summer feel to it. Very Californian. Funk based energy & quality. Would like an instrumental version.
11) In Fantasia (7.10) Moodier finale. Has that 60’s psychedelic quality to it, mixed invitingly with nice orchestral touches. Will have its fans on KZSU for sure.