|Badbadnotgood / Iii|
|Label:||Innovative Leisure Records|
|Add Date:||2014-06-06||Pull Date:||2014-08-08|
|Week Ending:||10 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||22 Jun|
|1.||May 26, 2019:||music to |
|4.||Oct 21, 2016:||Moonlight Impressions |
|2.||May 21, 2018:||regular school / skipping class |
|5.||Apr 22, 2016:||A Visit From Drum |
|3.||Jul 27, 2017:||moodswings |
|6.||Apr 30, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
Can't Leave The Night
Genre: jazz, instrumental hip-hop, beats, BadBadReallyFuckingGood|
This album is one smooth operator. Jazzy instrumental hip-hop from this young Montreal trio. If you like/have heard of/love any of the artists listed below then I'm sure you'll fall for BBNG. I've been listening to this CD nonstop for the last week. Highly recommended.
Favorites: ALL. Check the track descriptions for specifics but everything here is gold.
Others: Hiatus Kaiyote, Shigeto, Botany, Flying Lotus, Thundercat, Four Tet, James Blake
1. (3:48) *** MMMMMM. That's all I can say. Off the walls drum, piano, bass--just everything. Sultry.
2. (4:40) *** Begins with big, bass heavy drums and a mysterious keyboard melody. Awesome drum roll then turns super menacing. Dark.
3. (5:01) *** Starts off with nice interplay between bass and piano. Skronky saxophone enters. This is the moment in the movie when the femme fatale first walks into the detective's office.
4. (7:06) **** More of the excellent same anchored by nimble drumming. Turns slightly jammy in the middle. Can't get enough.
5. (5:58) *** Gentle, gorgeous keyboard. Definitely tamest track on the album thus far. Then suddenly midway through picks up the pace. Frenetic finale. Then simmers down to the opening motif.
6. (5:41) **** Super FlyLo-esque keyboard. At first mellow but then builds up into a devilish groove. The drumming is just unbelievably well suited to the surrounding instruments. A personal favorite. I've had this beat stuck in my head for days.
7. (4:43) *** Classic, steamy sound. Definitely jazziest of the bunch. Beautiful beautiful beautiful.
8. (4:42) *** Synth-y ambience with reverb soaked drums. Turns into almost synth-pop/electronic but still definitely marked by BBNG's aesthetic. Most dancey song here.
9. (6:53) *** Film noir atmosphere before a fantastic clattering beat rolls in. Super bass heavy. One of the more experimental, endlessly fascinating tracks on the record.
|2.||Can't Leave The Night||6.||Hedron|
|4.||Kaleidoscope||8.||Since You Asked Kindly|