|Brendler, Peter / Outside The Line|
|Album:||Outside The Line||Collection:||Jazz|
|Artist:||Brendler, Peter||Added:||Jun 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-06-06||Pull Date:||2014-08-08||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||Aug 10||Aug 3||Jul 20||Jul 13||Jun 22||Jun 15||Jun 8|
|1.||Apr 13, 2017:||No Cover, No Minimum |
Walk On The Wild Side
|4.||Aug 01, 2014:||Rebop |
The Golden Ring, The Darkness
|2.||Aug 15, 2014:||Rebop |
|5.||Jul 19, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Aug 08, 2014:||Rebop |
Walk On The Wild Side, Lawn Darts
|6.||Jul 11, 2014:||Rebop |
Lawn Darts, Pharmacology
A lively modern session featuring Brendler on bass, Rich Perry on sax, Peter Evens on trumpet and Vinnie Sperrazza on perc. Some wicked fast playing, lots of quirky twists and an almost cartoon-ish frenetic energy. These guys obviously enjoy playing together and it’s all tight and top-notch. Plenty of unpredictable twists keep it lively.|
*1. Fast and furious from the get w/solid jamming & lots of fun.
2. Slow & spare with many intricate sqwonks and squanks.
*3. Uptempo fun with bright horns keeping the jam swinging.
*4. Another upbeat fun track with nicely intricate interplays.
*5. Relaxed modern noir. Way cool.
6. Fast, tightly percussive arrangement, some cool harmonies & solos.
7. Slow & quiet then things get wild and almost aggressive.
8. Relaxed atonal noodling w/the horns playing hide & seek w/perc.
9. Drums & squeaking trumpet becomes a wild & fast jam.
10. Slow, spare & quiet. Picks up, slows again. Like chamber jazz.
*11. Slow then mid, a sense of mystery & touch of cinema.
12. Relaxed, playing off each other w/some fast improv.
|1.||Freeway||7.||Una Mas Bonita|
|3.||Pharmacology||9.||Drop The Mittens|
|4.||Lawn Darts||10.||Indelible Mark|
|5.||Walk On The Wild Side||11.||The Darkness|
|6.||Blanket Statement||12.||The Golden Ring|