|Kent, Stacey / Changing Lights, The|
|Album:||Changing Lights, The||Collection:||Jazz|
|Artist:||Kent, Stacey||Added:||Jun 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-06-06||Pull Date:||2014-08-08||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||Aug 10||Aug 3||Jul 20||Jul 13||Jul 6||Jun 22||Jun 15|
|1.||Mar 19, 2015:||Jump, Jive, & Jazz |
Waiter, Oh Waiter
|4.||Aug 05, 2014:||08-05-2014 |
Chanson Legere, One Note Samba, Waiter, Oh Waiter
|2.||Aug 15, 2014:||Rebop |
The Summer We Crossed Europe In The Rain, This Happy Madness
|5.||Aug 01, 2014:||Rebop |
This Happy Madness
|3.||Aug 08, 2014:||Rebop |
How Insensitive, The Changing Lights, O Barquinho
|6.||Jul 19, 2014:||Music Casserole |
Lovely and airy vocals in English and Portuguese. Heavy on bossa novas. Great guest stars and interesting arrangements. Includes three songs by award-winning novelist Kazuo Ishiguro. Her voice is at times sweet and fragile, at others lyrical and sophisticated. Overall a crystal-clear vocalist w/great backing & wonderful arrangements.|
*1. Slow and lovely w/lightly clear vocals & soft keys. Picks up.
2. Slow and fragile ballad w/a gentle touch from all. Ahhh…
*3. The classic samba. No frills but lots of style & color.
4. A gentle ballad. Softly romantic and slightly sad.
*5. Fun modern bossa w/playful lyrics. It’s a delight.
6. Relaxed bossa gently swaying and delicate.
7. Downtempo, reflective, a modern take on love song.
8. Slow, so fragile that their breakable vocals.
9. Sweet down/midtempo medly. Spare and quiet.
10. Soft ballad with some nice work from the band. Gentle.
*11. Soft, reflective then picks up. Nice sax work.
12. Quiet ballad with a waifish air.
*13. French ballad, very quiet, very soft, lovely.