|Makthaverskan / Ii|
|Label:||Run For Cover|
|Add Date:||2014-06-13||Pull Date:||2014-08-15|
|Week Ending:||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||22 Jun||15 Jun|
|1.||Jan 14, 2022:||satin fever - lovesick edition (rebroadcast from Feb 14, 2017) |
|4.||Jun 04, 2015:||The Final Sunset |
|2.||Nov 02, 2017:||butterscotch memory: run for cover |
|5.||Mar 30, 2015:||Shytown |
|3.||Feb 14, 2017:||satin fever - lovesick edition |
|6.||Jan 08, 2015:||The Sunset Life |
Grand post-punk from a five-piece out of Gothenburg, Sweden. The band’s sound is great—expansive and explosive and cathartic and catchy, too fast for 80s 4AD. But it’s frontwoman Maja Milner who makes these songs heart stopping and addictive. Her singing is absolutely rad—makes me think of a furious Elizabeth Fraser. Play this and envy her voice with me. All are good, but 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are standouts. FCC WARNING: 1, 7.|
1. *(3:18)—FCC (chorus is “f*** you, f*** you”). Fast, pissed-off, hypnotic, triumphant. This song rules, but sadly is only for safe-harbor.
2. *(4:05)—Medium-fast. Glittery, straightforward, toward 80s pop.
3. *(3:05)—Fast, punky, dreamy—similar victorious feel as track 1.
4. *(3:15)—Mid-tempo. Moody bass line, shining poppy guitars.
5. *(3:15)—Fast, back to punk. Guitars remind me a lot of The Chameleons UK here.
6. (4:11)—Slow. “Be My Baby” beat. But it’s heavy!
7. (5:04)—FCC (multiple f***s). Fast. About a controlling jerk of an ex-boyfriend.
8. (2:41)—Fast, toward goth. Into the mosh pit you go!
9. (3:41)—Starts as slow, dreamy balladry reminiscent of Cocteau Twins. Picks up speed at the halfway point.
|3.||Slowly Sinking||7.||No Mercy|