|Rac / Strangers|
|Add Date:||2014-07-18||Pull Date:||2014-09-19|
|Week Ending:||21 Sep||14 Sep||7 Sep||31 Aug||17 Aug||10 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul|
|1.||May 04, 2016:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants! |
Seventeen (Ft. Pink Feathers), Sixteen
|4.||Dec 11, 2014:||The Fishbowl |
Tear You Down (Ft. Alex Ebert)
|2.||Jan 27, 2015:||Randomania (1/27) |
I Should've Guessed (Ft. Speak), Ready For It (Ft. St. Lucia)
|5.||Sep 15, 2014:||ZoëRadio 9-15-14 |
Hard To Hold (Ft. Tegan & Sara)
|3.||Dec 11, 2014:||ZoeRadio |
Tourist (Ft. Tokyo Police Club)
|6.||Sep 12, 2014:||Octagonal Banana |
Hollywood (Ft. Penguin Prison)
This is the debut full length album from RAC ("Remix Artist Collective") which is the solo project of André Allen Anjos out of portland. This is a great electronic indie pop record featuring vocals from TONS of awesome artists. This is one of the best things I've heard in a long time, makes me want to go for a drive in a convertible with an awesome sound system :) |
RIYL: ICONAPOP, CVRCHES, Tokyo Police Club, Tegan and Sara, Natalie Portman's Shaved Head
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 12, 14
1. (4:40) Let Go - This track features Kele & MNDR. Infectious melody set largely by the base groove, both male and female vocals.
2. (3:08) Ello Ello - This one has Body Language on the track. Starts with a very 80s sound. Reminds me a lot of Annie (as in Anniemal). Very bubble gum pop sounding. Female vocals.
3. (3:17) Hollywood - Features Penguin Prison. This is a rock-pop track. Great instrumentation, mid-tempo.
4. (1:25) Cells - Instrumental track, really cool effects.
5. (3:33) Hard to Hold - A new Tegan and Sara song!! Literally :)
6. (3:06) Tourist - Tokyo Police Club, sounding a lot like Tokyo Police Club. But I really love this song, a lot.
7. (3:40) Tear You Down - Alex Ebert gives us the vocals on this fun alt-rock track. The vocals have a more classic rock feel.
8. (1:19) Sixteen - Another instrumental track that acts as a build into the next track.
9. (4:37) Seventeen - Starts with just vocals and a xylophone sounding thing, builds into a catchy and very poppy song that I cant help but bob my head to.
10. (4:23) Repeating Motion - Karl King sings on this track. It has a similar vibe to an uptempo Death Cab song...
11. (4:45) All I Got - Perter Moren sings this one, it sounds a little too much like track 10 as far as instrumentation goes...
12. (4:09) I Should've Guessed - Features Speak. This is possibly my favorite track. Up tempo but mellow at the same time. I really love this guy's voice.
13. (2:49) Ready For It - Features a vocal track from St. Lucia. I think this one is kind of boring personally.
14. (4:07) 405 - I am all for a new song with YACHT on board. This one does not disappoint.
15. (6:31) We Belong - Katie Herzig sings us this song with a slow build. Drums kick in around 2 minutes in.
16. (3:35) Cheap Sunglasses - This one seems the most main stream to me, reminds me of Natalie Portman's Shaved Head a little bit. SUPER catchy.