|Ardoin, Sean & Zydekool / Zydeco Happy|
|Album:||Zydeco Happy||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Artist:||Ardoin, Sean & Zydekool||Added:||06/2014|
|1.||Jul 21, 2019:||The Zydeco Workout |
|4.||Jul 19, 2015:||The Zydeco Workout |
|2.||Mar 13, 2016:||The Zydeco Workout |
|5.||Apr 05, 2015:||The Zydeco Workout |
|3.||Aug 30, 2015:||The Zydeco Workout |
|6.||Mar 01, 2015:||The Zydeco Workout |
|Lola Love - Zydeco Lady|
Sean Ardoin & Zydekool continue to push and expand the limits of Zydeco Music. They are an innovative and cutting edge Zydeco Band that always seems to be ahead of the curve. “Zydeco Happy” is a promotional remake of Pharrell Williams’ Grammy Award winning song “Happy” from the “Despicable Me 2” sound track. While the song (in it's commercial format) is an outstanding music accomplishment, it is clear that a ton of musical research was done by the Sony Machine incorporating elements of musical sub-cultures and infusing those elements in a well written track.
What most people don’t know is that Pharrell Williams’ Happy has all of the musical elements of Zydeco music
• from the two step, syncopated backbeat drum style called “double clutching” that is distinct to Zydeco Music,
• the rhythmic hand clapping you would find in the old Creole “La La” tradition of “Jure” (pronounced “Joor Ray”) which means to “testify ”, and is a clear antecedent of Southern Soul and Gospel Music,
• and the simple repetitive musical reiteration and instructional call and response nature of its lyrics found in Zydeco artist like Boozoo Chavis.
Pharrell Williams’ Happy has all of the musical elements of Zydeco music EXCEPT the central primary instruments – the Accordion and Frottoir (the Zydeco Rubboard). Sean Ardoin & Zydkool’s “Zydeco Happy” reintroduces the Accordion and Frottoir in the original track and has getting significant radio play in the Zydeco Nation and regional mainstream radio stations.
1) 4:17 “Zydeco Happy” – HOT TRACK- CD SLEEPER – Hot Zydeco promotional remake of Pharrell Williams’ Grammy Award winning song “Happy” from the “Despicable Me 2” sound track.
2) 4:20 “Bayou Man” – HOT TRACK– Upbeat Zydeco dance track from the “Return of the Kool” CD
|1.||Zydeco Happy||2.||Bayou Man|