|Lower / Seek Warmer Climes|
|Album:||Seek Warmer Climes||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-07-04||Pull Date:||2014-09-05|
|Week Ending:||7 Sep||31 Aug||24 Aug||10 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul|
|1.||Fri, 06 May 16:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum (Closers)
|4.||Sat, 30 Aug 14:||Eme O|
|2.||Thu, 02 Apr 15:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum
|5.||Wed, 27 Aug 14:||Matthew|
|3.||Wed, 03 Sep 14:||Matthew|
|6.||Mon, 25 Aug 14:||Hervey Okkles|
Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
Chilly post-punk from the same Copenhagen scene that birthed Iceage. Sounds like a crisper update of the raw, operatic, shades-of-grey post-punk put out by early 4AD and Factory. Similar to Iceage, there’s some catchy songwriting buried deep under the barbed wire sonics. Favorites: 2, 5, 7, 10. No FCCs.|
1. (2:30)—Fast, danceable. Tom-heavy drums, wordless shouts.
2. *(2:20)—Fast, tightly-coiled, frantic, dramatic.
3. (3:27)—Mid-tempo. Crunchy, plodding drums. Unravels at the end.
4. (3:07)—Slow. Minimal beginning. Nice, understated keyboards in the chorus.
5. *(7:00)—Slow, foreboding, quasi-gothic. Builds, builds; “It’s epic, baby!” (Mr. Esquire™)
6. (3:15)—Medium-fast. More tom-thumping drums, grinding bass.
7. *(3:12)—Medium-slow, cavernous. Catchy, subdued chorus.
8. (2:27)—Fast, slow, fast. Particulary anguished vocals, like Faith-era Robert Smith with a noisier Cure.
9. (3:51)—Medium-fast. Goes from noisy to quiet and back in seconds.
10. *(3:20)—Medium-slow. Singer Adrian Toubro really soars here.
|1.||Another Life||6.||Bastard Tactics|
|2.||Daft Persuasion||7.||Soft Options|
|3.||Lost Weight, Perfect Skin||8.||Craver|
|4.||Unkempt And Uncaring||9.||Tradition|
|5.||Expanding Horizons (Dar Es Salaam)||10.||Arrows|