|Tijuana Panthers / Wayne Interest|
|Label:||Innovative Leisure Records|
|Add Date:||2014-07-11||Pull Date:||2014-09-12|
|Week Ending:||14 Sep||7 Sep||31 Aug||24 Aug||17 Aug||10 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul|
|1.||Feb 09, 2020:||Organic Fruit Tracks |
|4.||Nov 06, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
|2.||Oct 08, 2015:||radio seven |
|5.||Oct 02, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
|3.||Jan 08, 2015:||The Sunset Life |
|6.||Sep 23, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
Surf + garage + post-punk -- that about says it. The surf sounds are sweet, the fuzz and garagey crunch is driving, the punk-y snarl and post-punky bass doom is dramatic-- what's not to like?|
A mix of short and longer songs (some less than two minutes). No FCCs. Play just about anything. RIYL: Thee Oh Sees, Dick Dale, The Intelligence, La Sera, Buzzcocks.
01. (1:46) *** Post-punk bass, snarly (Iggyish) vocals, surfy backbeat. Sudden ending.
02. (2:04) *** "Torpedo" repeated a bunch. Surfy as hell. Demented, fun, manic. Sweet-sounding guitar riff ends it.
03. (3:07) ***** Fuzzy git into surfy git. Kicks into great echoey bridge. Fun punky, twee-y sound through surfy feel.
04. (2:41) *** Big doomy bass riff into dried-out "dark matter" chant. Weary, depressive fun surf.
05. (3:15) **** Real dorky teen-y punky vox. Mumbly chorus that really drives.
06. (2:53) **** "Gonna get fired... fired today". Manic surfy panicking, echo-chamber blase vox.
07. (4:07) **** A little more '80s slinky-walk. Vampy and echoey, feels lit in neon blue. "...where you get your money..." Less surfy, except for great surf solo, with MC: "guitar:" "my turn:"
08. (3:35) ***** Great energy surf intro with tape-hiss. Great ghosty bg vox. Furious surf solo. TREMENDOUS. Sudden-ish ending, with echo.
09. (3:54) **** Swaying high-school dance surf, with pleasant but destroyed lead singer. Sweet-key guitar solo. Hi-note angst dramatics.
10. (2:56) ***** Buzzcocks cover! (but with a million times more surf + echo + warpo distortion!) Hi-speed post-punk + manic drums + killer melody.
11. (1:58) *** Hi-speed quickie: echoey chant-snarl in a surf-echo-chamber. Start-and-stop sudden ending.
12. (2:44) *** Talking intro (ambient chatter) for 15 seconds, then MANIC. doom sounds, angry drums. Hurt vocals.
13. (3:23) **** Angular robotic post-punk with sharp-edged surfy git. Stylish but androidy, '80s.
14. (2:45) **** '50s teen-tragedy pastiche. slow. doo-wop bg vox with echoey doomy swampy vox. Teen prom surf David Lynch nightmare! Long soft echoey outro.
|3.||Cherry Street||10.||Everybody's Happy Nowadays|
|5.||Sooner Or Later||12.||Wayne Interest|