|Turn To Crime / Can't Love|
|Artist:||Turn To Crime||Added:||07/2014|
|Label:||Old Flame Records|
|Add Date:||2014-10-03||Pull Date:||2014-12-05|
|Week Ending:||7 Dec||30 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct|
|1.||Tue, 20 Jan 15:||Skipper|
|4.||Thu, 27 Nov 14:||Skipper|
|2.||Thu, 04 Dec 14:||Mister Esquire|
|5.||Thu, 13 Nov 14:||Mister Esquire|
|3.||Thu, 27 Nov 14:||Mister Esquire|
|6.||Thu, 13 Nov 14:||The Narrator|
Turn To Crime / Can’t Love|
Label: Mugg & Bopp Records
Album Review: Turn to Crime’s Can’t Love has a sound that is reminiscent of an older age of rock, with a very simplistic punk garage sound. The tracks aren’t too over the top and mostly keep a steady pace throughout the album. One might say that this is more of “lean back” than a “lean forward” album.
RIYL: The Velvet Underground, Joy Division
FCC: No FCCs Detected
Recommended: 2, 3, 10
1. (0:56) I: Synthy buildup to dwindle down last couple seconds.
2. (4:52) Can’t Love: Med-Slow tempo. Washed out drum beat with smooth catchy guitar riffs.
3. (4:27) Sunday’s Cool: Med tempo. Poppy synth sounds accompanied by jangly guitar. A little more upbeat.
4. (3:57) Pine Box: Slow tempo. First minute is drone-y buzz and shimmering twinkle sounds. Once vocals and guitar kick in the track makes for a nice deep relaxing tune.
5. (4:29) Forgiveness: Med-slow tempo. Nice musical composition. Lyrics are sang with “Forgivenesssssss” sang over vocals every 3 seconds. Literally. Reminds me of older rock. Drumbeat outro.
6. (7:31) Nightmares: Lots of static guitar reverb, simple bass line, and nonsensical talking for the entire song. Kind of reminds me of a Pink Floyd song. If you want some sick guitar riffs this song has it.
7. (10:32) I Can’t Not Love: Med-Fast tempo. No lyrics, just a 10 minute jam session. Nothing too heavy for the most part. Sounds like a cleaner version of the previous song. Nice synth heartbeat to end the track.
|7.||I Can't Not Love|