|Front Bottoms, The / Rose Ep|
|Artist:||Front Bottoms, The||Added:||07/2014|
|Add Date:||2014-08-22||Pull Date:||2014-10-24|
|Week Ending:||28 Sep||7 Sep||31 Aug||24 Aug|
|1.||Fri, 31 Jan 20:||Guajillo|
PWR Alto Power Hour
|4.||Wed, 03 Jun 15:||The Skipper|
The Fishbowl: Thalassophobia
|2.||Tue, 10 Apr 18:||The Frog Prince|
|5.||Tue, 17 Feb 15:||The Skipper|
|3.||Tue, 20 Feb 18:||The Frog Prince|
|6.||Thu, 30 Oct 14:||The Narrator|
The Front Bottoms / Rose EP|
Label: Bar/None Records
Album Review: The Front Bottoms have a very genuine indie-punk feel without trying to be over the top. The Rose EP consists of songs switching between mellow acoustic guitar tracks to faster paced tracks with occasional horn accompaniment. RIYL: Modern Baseball, Oberhofer, The Radio Dept.
FCC Violations: Tracks 5, 6
Recommended: 1, 3, 4
1. (3:14) Flying Model Rockets: Med tempo. Lots of of hi-hat and snare to start off. Softer guitar that picks up with some bell noises halfway. Fades out last 40 sec with a few “woahs”.
2. (2:34) Lipstick Covered Magnet: Fast. Upbeat sound to complement the somewhat depressing lyrics.
3. (3:45) Twelve Feet Deep: Med tempo. First minute or so only some easy guitar to accompany lyrics. Smooth horns enter about halfway before coming to a jerky stop.
4. (3:18) Jim Bogart: Slower tempo. Female vocal accompaniment. Nice horns and flutes throughout the song. Songs kicks up for a big outro.
5. (2:47) Be Nice To Me: Fast-paced song. Similar musical composition to the rest of the EP. FCC in background vocals (“fuck”).
6. (2:46) Awkward Conversations: Med tempo. Stripped down to male vocals and soothing guitar. FCC (“bullshit”)
|1.||Flying Model Rockets||4.||Jim Bogart|
|2.||Lipstick Covered Magnet||5.||Be Nice To Me|
|3.||Twelve Feet Deep||6.||Awkward Conversations|