Debut album from Seattle band Iska Dhaaf (which means Let It Go in Somali). Heavy hitting drum beats with great melodies and interesting lyrics. Great album! RIYL: Autolux, Local Natives, Cloud Nothings...
FCC Warnings: 1, 2 (radio edits are the last two tracks on this CD)
Recommended Tracks: 1, 5, 7, 12
1. (4:13) All The Kids - Up tempo beat and killer melody to start off the CD. FCCs: Fuck, shit... (Radio Edit Track 13!!)
2. (3:08) Everybody Knows - False start + ~ 3 seconds of silence. More distorted vocals with a bit of a punk vibe. Dont worry though, the chorus brings back the melodic feel of the rest of the album. FCC WARNING!! (Radio Edit Track 14)
3. (3:46) Two Ones - Jumpy staccato drum beat, faster lyrics.
4. (3:39) Dependency - Down tempo with some acoustic guitar.
5. (5:28) Same Indifference - Slow build and another down tempo track with some very pretty strings. Drums build in around 2.5 mins.
6. (4:06) Sullen Eyes - Up tempo with some fun keyboard melodies.
7 . (4:26) Happiness - This song reminds me a lot of Local Natives in both instrumentation and vocal sound. Awesome!
8. (4:42) Sleepwalkers - Super interesting song, pausing drum beat, echo effect on vocals, and some organ sounding keyboards (or perhaps an actual organ?).
9. (4:12) General Malaise - This is a good steady mellow rock song with some pretty cool guitar parts.
10. (6:22) Moonless Night - Super cool baseline, more of that organ sound and some very committed vocals.
11. (5:22) Rumi - RIYL Cloud Nothings
12. (4:59) Even The Sun - CD closes out with a down tempo song that builds into an up tempo jam.