|Teen / Way & Color, The|
|Album:||Way & Color, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-07-25||Pull Date:||2014-09-26|
|Week Ending:||28 Sep||21 Sep||14 Sep||31 Aug||24 Aug||17 Aug||10 Aug||3 Aug|
|1.||Mon, 06 Oct 14:||Telepathic Juan|
In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand
|4.||Thu, 18 Sep 14:||Angelina|
|2.||Mon, 22 Sep 14:||Hervey Okkles|
Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|5.||Sat, 13 Sep 14:||Eme O|
|3.||Fri, 19 Sep 14:||Telepathic Juan|
In The Year 1000, 8000: After Hours Edition
|6.||Wed, 10 Sep 14:||Matthew|
Second full length album from TEEN. A band of sisters fronted by Teeny who used to play keyboards in Here We Go Magic. This quirky, rhythmic, psych-pop album is interesting and awesome throughout. RIYL: tUnE yArDs, Joan As Police Woman, Bat For Lashes.|
FCC Track 2: "Bitch"
Recommended Tracks: 3, 5, 7, 8
1. (4:55) Rose 4 U: Choppy lyrics, polyrhythms, weird sound effects.
2. (4:53) Tied Up Tied Down: Vocals remind me of Joan As Police Woman with a bluesy soul feel. FCC: Bitch
3. (3:29) Tied Up Tied Down: More electronic feel to the instrumentation, same bluesy vocals. Very pretty.
4. (4:34) Sticky: Ambient instrumentation, beautiful vocal track.
5. (6:50) Breath Low & Deep: Catchy keyboard hook, up tempo drum beat. Slows down at the chorus. Great melody.
6. (2:02) Voices: Instrumental with distorted voices.
7. (4:47) More Than I Ask For: This is my favorite, very cool harmonies, more of her awesome soulful voice. Music doesnt distract from vocals on this one :)
8. (5:29) Toi Toi Toi: This one seems like the obvious single to me, very catchy up beat pop-rock tune.
9. (3:30) Reconsider: Weirdest instrumentation, kind of droney but with heavy focus on the drums, super cool track.
10. (5:38) All the Same: Driven by an awesome base line, they finish off the album with a mellow swinging beautiful song. That voice is so pretty!!
|1.||Rose 4 U||6.||Voices|
|2.||Not For Long||7.||More Than I Ask For|
|3.||Tied Up Tied Down||8.||Toi Toi Toi|
|5.||Breath Low & Deep||10.||All The Same|