|Mean Creek / Local Losers|
|Label:||Old Flame Records|
|Add Date:||2014-07-25||Pull Date:||2014-09-26|
|Week Ending:||14 Sep||31 Aug||24 Aug||17 Aug||3 Aug|
|1.||Sep 12, 2014:||Octagonal Banana |
|4.||Aug 20, 2014:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Sep 08, 2014:||ZoeRadio |
|5.||Aug 20, 2014:||A-philiac |
|3.||Aug 29, 2014:||Octagonal Banana |
|6.||Aug 11, 2014:||ZoeRadio |
Post-punk four piece group from Boston, MA, Mean Creek released this fourth studio album in June 2014. It is a fun listen throughout with up-tempo drums and punchy melodies. Feels very reminiscent of 80s 7" punk. RIYL: Lemonheads,The Replacements, Jay Reatard, Japandroids, Surfer Blood.|
FCC WARNINGS: 3, 5
Recommended Tracks: 2, 4, 7, 8
1. (2:25) Cool Town - Surfer punk. Falsetto on the chorus.
2. (2:29) My Madeline - Some feedback at the beginning, great guitar melody, female backing vocals
3. (2:27) Anxiety Girl - This reminds me of Japandroids, it is awesome, FCC warning though, FUCK
4. (2:02) Night Running - Call and response between male and female vocalists with some good ooo-ing in the chorus.
5. (2:39) Johnny Allen - I'll call this one Surfer Blood instrumentation with Hold Steady vocals. FCC: Fuck
6. (3:00) Mass. Border - Straight up rock-n-roll
7. (2:45) Hangover Mind - Guitar strumming followed by a super catchy guitar hook and stuck in your head lyrics.
8. (2:47) Teenage Feeling - This one is great too, echo effect on the lyrics, up beat and great instrumentation.
|1.||Cool Town||5.||Johnny Allen|
|2.||My Madeline||6.||Mass. Border|
|3.||Anxiety Girl||7.||Hangover Mind|
|4.||Night Running||8.||Teenage Feeling|