|Dark Matter / Dark Matter|
|Album:||Dark Matter||Collection:||General 12"|
|Add Date:||2014-08-15||Pull Date:||2014-10-17|
|Week Ending:||19 Oct||12 Oct||28 Sep||7 Sep||31 Aug||24 Aug||17 Aug|
|1.||Nov 21, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|4.||Oct 06, 2014:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand |
|2.||Oct 16, 2014:||Meow |
|5.||Sep 26, 2014:||Octagonal Banana |
|3.||Oct 07, 2014:||Deep Sea Didgeridoo |
|6.||Sep 25, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
The Weight Of Memories
Dark Matter is the current project of Stephen Cogle, a legendary underground musician from New Zealand who has led such other bands as Vacuum, The Victor Dimisich Band, and The Terminals. Dark Matter features a combination of late post-punk and goth rock without keyboard-heavy elements. On their self-titled debut, recorded in 2011 but just released this year, Dark Matter explores life in the 21st century with both honesty and grand romanticism. Cogle’s baritone voice adds to the poignant and dramatic mood of the lyrics and sound. |
RIYL: Johnny Cash, Nick Cave, Late The Stranglers, Television Personalities, and late Bauhaus.
FCC WARNINGS: 4
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, and 5
1. (4:06) **Broken – Bleakest track on the entire album. A superior achievement.
2. (5:23) *The Long Count – A downbeat guitar driven track with time as subject.
3. (5:26) **Dark Matter – Great guitars. Solid track. “The dark matter that covers your skin”.
4. (6:01) The Face Of Evil – FCC (Bulls***) – So evil, FCC is on its side!
5. (4:13) **Tomorrow – Another great guitar driven track. Their optimistic side here.
6. (5:32) The Weight Of Memories – Introspective Lyrics, effective guitars, nice conclusion.
|1.||Broken||4.||The Face Of Evil|
|2.||The Long Count||5.||Tomorrow|
|3.||Dark Matter||6.||The Weight Of Memories|