|Taxes / It Never Ends|
|Album:||It Never Ends||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-07-25||Pull Date:||2014-09-26|
|Week Ending:||21 Sep||14 Sep||31 Aug||24 Aug||17 Aug||3 Aug|
|1.||Sep 15, 2014:||ZoëRadio 9-15-14 |
|4.||Aug 25, 2014:||ZoëRadio |
|2.||Sep 12, 2014:||Octagonal Banana |
|5.||Aug 21, 2014:||Amber Waves |
|3.||Aug 29, 2014:||Octagonal Banana |
|6.||Aug 20, 2014:||A-philiac |
Taxes is an SF band [LOCAL!] featuring a former member of Crumb. Reminds me a lot of old Jimmy Eat World stuff with some synth pop sounds. Male lead vocals and female backing vocals. It is really good on first listen, definitely teetering on a main-stream alternative station feel. RIYL: Jimmy Eat World, STARS, Postal Service|
Recommended Tracks: 1, 4, 7
1. (4:36) Mid-Season Replacement - Driving drum beat, excellent start.
2. (4:09) Lost At Sea - Synth-keyboard embellishments
3. (4:21) Your Other Left - More straight forward alt-rock song
4. (4:23) Mulholland Drive - Synth sounds make this track interesting and full in a way the other tracks aren't musically. Both male and female vocals.
5. (5:46) Thoroughbred - Slower tempo with a more epic (for lack of a better word) feel. Distorted vocals.
6. (3:26) A Quiet Life - Slow build into a simple pop-rock song
7. (5:06) Kali - This is definitely a Jimmy Eat World like track, and I love it.
|1.||Mid-Season Replacement||4.||Mulholland Drive|
|2.||Lost At Sea||5.||Thoroughbred|
|3.||Your Other Left||6.||A Quite Life|