|Add Date:||2014-08-01||Pull Date:||2014-10-03|
|Week Ending:||Oct 5||Sep 28||Sep 7||Aug 31||Aug 24||Aug 17||Aug 10||Aug 3|
|1.||Jan 08, 2015:||The Sunset Life
|4.||Oct 02, 2014:||Meow
|2.||Jan 01, 2015:||Meow: The Best Of 2014
|5.||Oct 02, 2014:||The Extended Morning
|3.||Oct 09, 2014:||Meow
|6.||Sep 23, 2014:||The Sunset Life
1. *(3:00)—Crunchy, big, major-key southern rock (guitars courtesy of J Mascis!) with a drum machine. “I was lonely, but I was having fun.”
2. (4:06)—FCC WARNING (f***). Fast, frantic, skyward 80s synth-rock.
3. (4:29)—Mid-tempo synth pop, with a cleaner update of those drums that appear on every single 80s hit.
4. *(3:22)—Medium-slow, ringing, terse, raw anthem about wanting people to go away. Minimal coda.
5. *(4:08)—Slow, woozy, jagged, optimistic piece driven by electronics. Turns into a big “whoa-oh-oh” anthem partway in.
6. *(7:24)—The Jason Molina song. It’s built on a stark, slow Magnolia Electric Co. riff, but some heavy electronics take it past simple Molina worship. It ROCKS!
7. (3:35)—Medium-slow, quasi-“With or Without You.”
8. (5:25)—FCC WARNING(f***). A shame, because this song is a beautiful, heart-ripping portrayal of having the person you love run away from you.
9. (3:04)—Slow, plodding. Verses have a Suicide-ish beat, choruses hop into retro heavy metal territory.
10. (4:07)—Medium-slow. Verses are vocals and piano, choruses are big synthscapes with more “oh-oh-oh” vocals.
|3.||Same Emotions||8.||Mirage Year|
|4.||Shut In||9.||For Me|
|5.||Woke Up To The Light||10.||Wait For Love|