Eno had a huge influence on the work of both Talking Heads and Robert Fripp in the 70’s and likely formed their sounds more than the other way around as might be assumed listening to this. However, the Heads were immensely popular so keep this in mind when I say that this stuff is very reminiscent of early/mid 80’s Talking Heads, New York art rock, incorporating rhythmic, tribal, looping and clean guitar and vocals (do not expect Music For Airports here). However, like all things Eno, there are unmistakable production qualities that take this to another level, trippy vocal effects, bending, tape speed effects, all subtle hypnotic and lovely. Taking “pop” music to another level, as always.
1) (9:01) mid paced dreamy, triplet gallop of sorts, looping near Frippian with vocals cant help but bring to mind Talking Heads era of early 80’s art rock
2) (4:14) very Talking Heads, African rhythmic looping repetition, sounds very much like MLITBOG era material
3) (8:20) swingy midpaced almost carribean tone, totally kick ass effects on female vocals
4) (9:25) really pretty, upbeat
5) (4:55) intense flare with breakbeaty feel, deep synth bass, instrumental
6) (7:41) a slow, ambient sort of piece, Eno vocals, female backs here and there, chill and trippy