|Wytches, The / Annabel Dream Reader|
|Album:||Annabel Dream Reader||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-08-08||Pull Date:||2014-10-10|
|Week Ending:||5 Oct||21 Sep||14 Sep||7 Sep||24 Aug||17 Aug||10 Aug|
|1.||Jan 21, 2017:||Homeroom |
|4.||Sep 08, 2014:||ZoeRadio |
Burn Out The Bruise
|2.||Oct 02, 2014:||Meow |
|5.||Sep 01, 2014:||ZoeRadio |
Fragile Male For Sale
|3.||Sep 19, 2014:|| In The Year 1000, 8000: After Hours Edition |
|6.||Aug 23, 2014:||Box of Chocolates |
The Wytches, Annabel Dream Reader: Hardcore / psychadelic surf / garage punk / sludge metal (some of the guitar). Spawn of the English hardcore scene circa 2011. Annabel Dream Reader is their first full release (Aug, 26th 2014). They are signed to Partisan in the US but still book their own shows, a friend makes their album/poster art, and they handle most of their promotions. Lyrics are a mix of ragey ass kicking and histrionic self-loathing at the knees of a dominating girlfriend/friend/mother(female figure). It’s over the top sometimes. RIYL: Thee Oh Sees, Fuzz, Night Beats, Holy Wave, The Silents. FCC clean. -Matthew|
1 (3:21) **This fucking rocks. Psychedelic, edgy, weird sparse surf rock-esque guitar, up tempo
2. (3:19)***Down tempo, light reverb surf, dreamy, and angsty. Heavy grungy guitar and builds. Kills it.
3. (2:48)** Fantastic. Play me.
4. (3:48)***Again killing it. Slower, groovier, bass shines through, and an up tempo thrashing chorus. “You must be a dancer cause you ruined my life” is a little over the top.
5. (3:14) **Thrash to rock to sparse bass romp back to head banging chorus. Rocks.
6. (3:48) **Grungy psych rock. Gets surfy then aggressive. Awesome.
7. (2:33) **Up tempo, hardcore awesomeness. Super bad rhymes, but delivery is awesome.
8. (4:34) **Slower psych/grunge/surf ballad, angst, (if that was a thing before these guys).
9. (3:59) *Cool bass but weaker track. Kind of bland and closer to pop rock, most accessible song so far.
10. (4:48) *Depressing and heavy. Synthy organ. Picks up to screaming the verse at 2:20 min left. Histrionic sludging rock ballad to conclude the song.
11. (4:25) **Psychadelic surf rock to sludge at chorus and back to sparse psych surf in verse. Sludge at 1 min to go.
12. (3:19) **Cool song. This is fantastic. Sparse instrumentals mixed with vocals then heavy guitar riff for chorus. “She’s like a pendulum.”
13. (2:53) *Acoustic. Angst. About album name.
|2.||Wide At Midnight||8.||Weights And Ties|
|3.||Grave Dweller||9.||Part Time Model|
|4.||Fragile Male For Sale||10.||Summer Again|
|5.||Burn Out The Bruise||11.||Robe For Juda|
|6.||Wire Fram Mattress||12.||Crying Clown|