|Morrissey / World Peace Is None Of Your Business|
|Album:||World Peace Is None Of Your Business||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-08-22||Pull Date:||2014-10-24|
|Week Ending:||26 Oct||19 Oct||7 Sep||31 Aug|
|1.||Feb 09, 2020:||DAY OF NOISE 2020 Supplement w the Shiney One |
Neal Cassady Drops Dead, Neal Cassady Drops Dead
|4.||Mar 14, 2016:||Everything A to Z week 34 |
|2.||Apr 01, 2017:||satin fever |
Earth Is The Loneliest Planet
|5.||Oct 20, 2014:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand |
|3.||Feb 07, 2017:||satin fever |
Earth Is The Loneliest Planet
|6.||Oct 16, 2014:||The Fishbowl |
I'm Not A Man
Tenth solo album (yes I looked this up) released by Morrissey (also lead singer of The Smiths, but I am going to assume that everyone knew that already...). Anyway, if you love Morrissey, you're in luck! It sounds like Morrissey. Depressing, theatrical, and awesome. But I know that Morrissey is really not the favorite of some, so you should just listen and decide for yourself. I for one, am super excited to spend some quality time with this record and use it to thoroughly depress our listeners :) RIYL: Morrissey, The Smiths.|
Recommended Tracks: 3, 4, 5, 6
1. (4:32) Would Peace Is None Of Your Business - The album begins with a Morrissey talks about world peace and government song. Although I think he could sing the phonebook and I would love it.
2. (4:05) Neal Cassady Drops Dead - I don't really even know what to say...distorted and aggressive yet minimal chords on the guitar. A song about Neal Cassady and Allan Ginsberg. Enough said?
3. (7:48) I'm Not A Man -Starts with some silent-ish-ness so dont be alarmed. ~ 1:30 in it turns into my favorite kind of Morrissey song, sounds super sweet, but if you listen to the lyrics...it isn't. "I'm Not A Man...I'm something much bigger and better than a man."
4. (4:42) Istanbul - This is great, super catchy, great theatrics, most Smiths-y which I of course am super into.
5. (3:37) Earth Is The Loneliest Planet - Saddest title ever, song lives up to it and is backed by a weird combo of electronic sounds and spanish guitar. Cool!
6. (5:27) Staircase At The University - Up beat, good drums, whistle sounds...another great Morrissey track.
7. (2:03) The Bullfighter Dies - Accordion (or something that sounds like accordion) and horns, oh my. Not my favorite, but not a dud either.
8. (4:03) Kiss Me A Lot - More horns! Title pretty much tells you what the song is about, I will say that I was a little confused to hear a love song by Morrissey, I am convinced it has ulterior motives.
9. (5:17) Smiler With Knife - Minimal at the beginning with just guitar and vocal, builds later.
10. (5:17) Kick The Bride Down The Aisle - This one is just weird. I dunno about this one.
11. (5:02) Mountjoy - Morrissey croons some more, but I do really like this one. A little mellow, great opportunity to listen to that voice.
12. (4:07) Oboe Concerto - Starts with some weird electronic sounds and spoken word samples, bass line builds in and turns into a slow groove to finish off the album. "oboe concerto, all of the best ones are dead..." true...i guess.