Phox is a group of six friends that attended high school together in Baraboo,WI. They make delicate, yet quirky folk indie songs that are impossible not to like. Charming, gorgeous, and soulful female vocals. RIYL The Head and The Heart, The Paper Kites, Bon Iver (Many songs off this album are recorded in his studio). Although, Phox doesn't sound like the typical indie folk/pop coming out. They're unique and definitely a breath of fresh air. I personally love this whole album. I especially recommend: 3, 4, 5, 7, 8
1. Calico Man (1:58): Slow and mysterious. Almost a cappella.
2. Leisure (3:26): Medium tempo, easy-going and relaxing sounds. Prominent orchestral strings.
3. Slow Motion (4:55): Folk pop with whistling and banjoes. Lovely and catchy chorus.
4.1936 (3:29): Fast strings and drums with a bubbly melody. Pretty, flowing vocals.
5. Evil (4:33): Simple and sweet medium tempo song. Starts out with banjo picking. Then, awesome trumpets in the interlude.
6. Laura (6:08): Slowing it down for this 6 minutes track. Beautiful, gentle vocals. Builds up throughout the song
7. Kingfisher (3:11): Ornate and fun intro. a little odd, but I really like it. (*Goddamn, I don't think that's a FCC though)
8. Shrinking Violets (3:51): Such a sweet, gentle song. There's a flute solo! enough said
9. Satyr and the Fawn (3:52): Mellow with breezy vocals.
10. Noble Heart (5:23): Beautiful, simple piano. Starts out slow, but builds. Changes vibes @3:16 with an electric guitar solo. Upbeat with horns until the end.
11. Raspberry Seed (7:17): Mellow, slow 7 minute track.
12. In Due Time (2:22): Ends with a lovely, sweet folk song. Slow tempo, beautiful vocals, acoustic guitar.