|Mimicking Birds / Eons|
|Label:||Glacial Pace Recordings|
|Add Date:||2014-08-22||Pull Date:||2014-10-24|
|Week Ending:||7 Sep||31 Aug||24 Aug|
|1.||Sep 01, 2014:||ZoeRadio |
|4.||Aug 27, 2014:||A-philiac |
|2.||Aug 28, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
Seeing Eye Dog
|5.||Aug 25, 2014:||ZoëRadio |
|3.||Aug 28, 2014:||Homeward Bound |
|6.||Aug 23, 2014:||Fishbowl |
Eons is the second studio album from Portland natives Mimicking Birds. This album is awesome!! It is right in my wheel house: mellow indie folk rock. Super interesting, would be great to fall asleep to probably just because it is so so pretty and soothing. But you should play it on your show!! Not going to get too specific about any of these tracks because they all sound pretty similar. But I will say that the instrumentation is awesome and the lyrics are very cool so listen close! RIYL: Keen, Bon Iver, Shins, Avi Buffalo, Doves, Phosphorescent, Pinback.|
Recommended Tracks: ALL!! Especially: 1, 3, 6, 8
1. (3:21) Memorabilia - Twangy guitar, whispery vocals, really interesting melody.
2. (3:39) Acting Your Age - Banjo, piano, more whispers.
3. (5:11) Owl Hoots - This one has some pretty epic drumming.
4. (4:40) Spent Winter - Swinging tempo, mellow as usual, another beautiful melody.
5. (3:56) Bloodlines - Ambient moments, beautiful instrumentation...I really like this one.
6. (5:17) Night Light - This one has some owl noises at the beginning, but then it turns into another great mellow folky track.
7. (5:40) Water Under Burned Bridges - Sleepiest song of all, still feel like I could listen to it over and over.
8. (3:13) Wormholes - Dreamy, mystical, god I really love this voice.
9. (3:37) Seeing Eye Dog - Weird distant guitar sounds, more of the same vocally. No complaints.
10. (5:05) Moving On - Piano sets the tone, instruments build after minute 2.
|2.||Acting Your Age||7.||Water Under Burned Bridges|
|4.||Spent Winter||9.||Seeing Eye Dog|