|Xeno & Oaklander / Par Avion|
|Artist:||Xeno & Oaklander||Added:||Aug 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-08-15||Pull Date:||2014-10-17|
|Week Ending:||Oct 12||Oct 5||Sep 28||Sep 21||Sep 7||Aug 31||Aug 17|
|1.||Apr 28, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [SPQ04] |
|4.||Oct 06, 2014:||Deep Sea Didgeridoo |
|2.||Dec 29, 2014:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand: Best of The Year 2014. Part 2! |
|5.||Oct 02, 2014:||Meow |
|3.||Oct 06, 2014:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand |
|6.||Sep 27, 2014:||In The Year 1000, 8000 |
Precise electro-pop with hints of minimalism and pulsating female vocals best characterizes Par Avion, the debut album by Brooklyn’s girl/boy duo Xeno & Oaklander. Par Avion’s strength lies in its ability to effortlessly navigate through 80s synth-pop terrains and seduce us with an alluring 60s inspired voice, courtesy of French/Norwegian singer Liz Wendelbo. Sean McBride, the other half of the duo, also sings on a couple of tracks. It’s an album full of icy cold upbeat and downbeat moments that are well executed. Drum machines forever.|
RIYL: Adult., Ladytron, Soft Cell, early Depeche Mode, Visage, Jane Birkin, Anything Box, and Françoise Hardy.
Recommended Tracks: 2, 3, 5, 7, and 9
1. (5:01) Interface – Long intro with some catchy synths. Great vocals.
2. (3:10) *Lastly – Upbeat Ladytronish track with some retro elements, sounds fresh.
3. (3:58) **Sheen – The single of the album. Solid track.
4. (4:17) Per Avion – Dense downbeat track. Nice synths.
5. (4:15) *Jasmine Nights – Visage’s influence here. Strange beat, cool vocals.
6. (2:27) Reflections – The slowest track on the album. Instrumental blues.
7. (3:22) **Nuage d'Ivoire – The second best track on the album. Depeche Mode energy here.
8. (2:13) Providence – Semi-instrumental, atmospheric downbeat track.
9. (3:21) **G. Bruno – Soft Cell’s influence all over this song. Great interaction between both vocalists here. Nice upbeat closer!