|Album:||Letters From Quentin||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-08-15||Pull Date:||2014-10-17|
|Week Ending:||Sep 7||Aug 24|
|1.||Sep 06, 2014:||Chillin' with Chelsea
Boys And Girls
|3.||Aug 21, 2014:||The Sunset Life
|2.||Aug 23, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show
|4.||Aug 18, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
I Am Here With You
Letters From Quentin
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Serbian hulu hulu & happy folk, all wrapped up nicely in a pop bouquet. Not easy to define this. Acoustic based, together with effortless voice & lyrics all combined with a rye sense of humour. Songs mostly in English. Similar to the 1980’s Scottish sound of Orange Juice & Aztec Camera (softer paced though). And perhaps to Jonathan Richman singing during the film “There’s Something About Mary” Distinctive singing & agreeable music carries this on its merry way.
Worth a listen– Really liking: 4,10
No Detectable FCC’s
1) (1.43) Like a genteel afternoon punting through the waterways of Cambridge.
2) (1.42) Pacific Islands based sound, maybe some Japanese. He gets around this fella…
3) (1.53) Upbeat with tambourines. More poppy than the others.
4) (2.06) Folkier track with nice flourishes.
5) (2:24) Gentle paced ballad.
6) (1.44) This one has undertones of an Eastern influence & is slightly faster.
7) *(3.52) More involved, still clean & simple. Mid paced strummer. Maybe an FCC (“then you screw”)
8) (2.05) Faster paced for this release, carries on the happy feel even when singing about the blues.
9) (3.24) A downbeat track…not really in the end, it just starts off that way.
10) (3.56) Faster sound in a rambling sort of way. Clean sound.
11) (3.00) Average pop – Mid paced, voice changes up for some of the track.
12) (3.06) Nice soft tune, sort of washed over me during the chorus.
13) (1.44) Any song that mentions a “Mint Choc Chip Cornetto” has to get the thumps up & a squeaky voice to finish – What more can you ask for?
14) (3.34) Two tracks in one, fine easy going instrumental for the first 1.42 then the singing starts – The same pleasant sound, just not as effective as the first half.
15) (2.16) Slow to mid paced, nice howling wind effects, not quite in the realm of neo folk.