|Plaid / Reachy Prints|
|Add Date:||2014-08-22||Pull Date:||2014-10-24|
|Week Ending:||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct||28 Sep||14 Sep||7 Sep|
|1.||Thu, 05 Dec 19:||DJ Postnatal|
I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants
|4.||Wed, 22 Oct 14:||Mr. Tumnus|
|2.||Thu, 07 Sep 17:||agent scully|
|5.||Thu, 16 Oct 14:||Mister Esquire|
|3.||Thu, 01 Jun 17:||genai|
|6.||Wed, 08 Oct 14:||Mr. Tumnus|
This new album from the London based electronica duo is a gem of odd sounds blended in a cinematic/futuristic atmospheres. No vocals, just amazing noise. Each track is unpredictable in it’s own way, which makes for a great listen. |
RIYL: Vangelis, Björk, Mass Effect, the future. No FCCs Recommended: 1,3,6,7
1. **(4:31) Futuristic space bar soundtrack (don’t read Mos Eisley Cantina). Reminded me of the game Mass Effect for some reason, but prettier and more cinematic. Ends with a beautiful medley of strings. Note: there’s silence between 0:12 and 0:21.
2. (4:49) Awe-inspiring, but in a subtle and delicate way. Definitely feel-good. Slow-ish with several build-ups. Could seem a bit repetitive to some.
3. *(5:06) Darker and dreamier feel to this one. A bit twitchy. Builds up to a more hopeful sound. Feels like breaching through dark clouds into open air.
4. (5:48) Cinematic and mysterious. Could definitely see this in a sci-fi murder mystery.
5. (4:23) Starts out simple and tingly, then slowly introduces a robotic buzz-like beat. Pretty calm all throughout the track.
6. *(4:12) Bit more dancy than the other tracks. The kind of tune that sticks in your head.
7. **(4:14) Great intro to this track: somber with an ingenious jumble of odd sounds. Progresses towards a more upbeat and jumpy vibe, then turns back into the original tune. Play it just for the amazing intro/outro.
8. (3:50) Tense, industrial track with occasional feigning vocal peaks. It’s stressing me out.
9 (3:50) Starts off joyful, with bells chiming but oddly electronic. Feels like a remix of a Disney song with an experimental twist.