|Pattern Is Movement / Pattern Is Movement|
|Album:||Pattern Is Movement||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Pattern Is Movement||Added:||08/2014|
|Label:||This Is Hometapes|
|Add Date:||2014-08-22||Pull Date:||2014-10-24|
|Week Ending:||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct||21 Sep||7 Sep||24 Aug|
|1.||Apr 18, 2015:||Distractions |
|4.||Oct 10, 2014:||A Visit From Drum |
Make It Right
|2.||Dec 10, 2014:||Monkey Barrier |
|5.||Oct 03, 2014:||A Visit From Drum |
|3.||Oct 16, 2014:||Meow |
|6.||Sep 18, 2014:||Amber Waves |
Experimental indie rock (I’ve heard it called math rock) from Philly. A kind of repetitive daze that puts you in a trance. It’s intricate, haunting, and mesmerizing all at once.|
RIYL: Dirty Projectors, James Blake, Beirut (at times).
FCC Clean. Recommended: 1. They’re all great but the first track is mind blowing.
1. ****(5:17) Dragged out and ghostly melodious vocals over a fast-paced but calm experimental medley with funky interludes. The last couple minutes are glorious and entrancing (“All-mmmh-migh-ty overfloooww”). Play it now.
2. (2:56) Alternates between hypnotic strings and what I can only describe as funky Caribbean vibes.
3. (4:19) Speaking of Caribbean, here’s a song called Rum. Sweet vocals, with light percussions. Brass/strings comes in mid-way (reminiscent of Beirut). Light piano crescendo at the end.
4. (4:13) Enveloping vocals with (autotuned?) background singing. Starts off light-hearted, but ends with erratic drums.
5. (3:21) Begins with a simpler tempo. Electronic jingle in the background. Once again percussions slowly take over.
6. (5:02) Moody and slow. Sounds like a funeral organ. Light strings come in later with drums at the end. Very powerful in a calm way.
7. (2:54) Starts off pretty raw. Repetitive lyrics, with an orchestral-like build-up. Note: about 7 seconds of silence at the end.
8. (4:00) Catchy right away. Slicing strings provide an intro and outro. Once again kind of sounds like Beirut (must be the brass).
9. (4:23) Strong repetitive piano, invasive vocals, cavalry horns midway (sort of). Note: about 10 seconds of silence at the end.
10. (4:14) Smooth rolling jingles accompanied by watery vocals.
|1.||River||6.||Gone My Love|
|2.||Climb To Me||7.||Let's Be Done|
|3.||Rum||8.||Make It Right|
|4.||Little By Little||9.||Light Of The World|