|Dandy Warhols, The / Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia Live At The Wonder|
|Album:||Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia Live At The Wonder||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Dandy Warhols, The||Added:||08/2014|
|Label:||The End Records|
|Add Date:||2014-08-22||Pull Date:||2014-10-24|
|Week Ending:||31 Aug||24 Aug|
|1.||Wed, 12 Apr 17:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|3.||Wed, 27 Aug 14:||Matthew|
|2.||Wed, 06 Apr 16:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|4.||Sat, 23 Aug 14:||Scout and Skipper|
The Dandy Warhols, Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia (Live at the Wonder).|
RIYL: The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Velvet Underground, FCC clean. - Matthew
1. (6:08) ** Wall of sound college rock. Jangle guitar. Muted almost monotone vocals. trumpet.
2. (5:51) **Opens with pick strumming rythym on muted strings. Acoustic guitar and shakers. Electric guitar comes in at 1:15 or so. Jangley guitar (Darker than say the smiths) and muted vocals. Trumpet. Poppy drum beat.
3. (6:37) *Spacey wall of sound, slow but hard 90’s rock. Jammy groove with a little singing. Lyrics are a manipulation of Neitzsche’s quote, “God is dead.”
4. (3:27) Roosters and farm sounds in intro plus slide guitar. Farm sounds all the way through.
5. (3:21) Weird pop song. “I have an Asian girlfriend that comes around and spends days in my bed..” What is this line? “I’m feeling cool as shit…” What is this line?
6. (3:29) Poppy drums with a southern rock sound.
7. (3:04)*Up tempo, heavy on the drums.
8. (5:30) **“If I could sleep forever, I could forget about everything” Good groove with drums, repetitive picked guitar. Becomes a full on groove at end.
9. (4:58) Low volume, whispered, monotone vocals, over repetitive strummed jangley guitar, “baby it’s all good” Becomes a jam.
10. (3:42) Organ and snares off intro. Electric guitar, sounds like the stones, then returns to their 90’s brit rock wall of sound rock. “I like you, I like you…”
11. (3:54) *Mid tempo rock song.
12. (3:36) **starts with electric guitar plus heavy feedback, then jangle guitar. Medium tempo jam, decent rock song.
13. (6:30) slow strumming with strained, slurred vocals. Chill nice song.
|4.||Country Leaver||10.||Bohemian Like You|
|6.||Horse Pills||12.||Big Indian|