|Various Artists / Shake It! Party Hits|
|Album:||Shake It! Party Hits||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2014-09-19||Pull Date:||2014-11-21||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct||28 Sep|
|1.||May 09, 2017:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
Chinta Ta Ta Chinta Chinta, Mashallah, Halkat Jawani
|4.||Sep 13, 2016:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
Mashallah, Chokra Jawan, Boom Boom, Chinta Ta Ta Chinta Chinta, The Disco Song
|2.||Dec 06, 2016:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
Faltu, Darling, Dhunki
|5.||Jul 19, 2016:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
Mashallah, Darling, Dhunki
|3.||Nov 29, 2016:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
Chikni Chameli, Chinta Ta Ta Chinta Chinta, Mashallah, Halkat Jawani
|6.||May 03, 2016:||It's Bollywood, It's HOllywood |
Halkat Jawani, Mashallah
Bollywood films are famous for their song & dance numbers.This collection gives you a flavor of the current Bollywood party songs and they embrace a wide range from “item songs” to “disco numbers” to everything else in-between. Some songs remind you|
of American pop/bubble-gum music from the late 1990s. And there is the familiar bhangra music with its infectious dhol (drum) rhythm. The songs are from different Bollywood films that released in the last couple of years (2012-2014).
**1. Item song aka dance numbers (read sultry & seductive) are described in Indian films. This is a typical Bollywood item song with a folksy edge by Sunidhi from the film Heroine.
***2. Fusion of Arabic//Spanish/Indian flavors results in an interesting sound that is worth giving a listen. Mix of Hindi/Arabic words.This is Bollywood’s attempt to bridge the gap
& reach its global audience by mixing up various music genres.Shreya & Wajid from the film Ek That Tiger (Once There Was A Tiger) - was shot extensively in Ireland.
3. This item track starts off with an infectious beat but does not sustain your interest.
The English words mar this folksy track.
**4. Re-imagination of an old 1980s disco song made popular by Nazia Hassan.This version has a modern feel to it - that dance floor R&B feel. Sung by Sunidhi & Benny Dayal withNazia’s voice mixed in.
**5. Mika Singh’s dance number may appeal to some for its fusion of India/dance/pop sounds.
**6. A cheesy dance song that actually works.
7. A folksy item with an infectious beat by Shreyal Ghosal, which became a big hit. Very Indian sounding song.
**8. Robust singing by Sunidhi & Vishal Dadlani with hard-edged percussion beats.
**9. Hard Kaur brings her signature style of singing, which is a combo of Hip-Hop/Rap/Bhangra.
10. Shekhar Ravjiani (part of Vishal-Shekar fame) sings this track that combines all sorts of musical genres from bhangra to electronic &hip-hop. Track is sung in Punjabi
11. Starts off with a typical, robust Indian folksy percussion tune, but then that chorus of “wonng, wooing” (or whatever that refrain is) totally mars the track. Shreya Ghosal shines, asdoes Wajid Ali the male “playback singer.” Yes, playback singers is the term used in Indian filmindustry.
**12. Amped up dance track with disco/bhangra/pop sounds from the film Student of The Year.
**13. Fast-paced. Mixing up old & new sounds that will have you dancing.Sung by Shreya Ghosal.
***14. Lovely melody by Mohit Chauhan from Barfi! A little bit of Django Rheinhardt sound with the guitar there you think?
**15. Mixing it all in this dance number. Bit of disco too. Fast-paced.
***16. Folksy lyrics combined with new sounds makes for an interesting track. Sundihi Chauhan carries this song with her usual aplomb.
***17. Usha Uthup & Rekha Bharadwaj sing a Bollywood version of Kalinka an old Russian folk song.The Russian & Bollywood song is strangely mesmerizing. Robust & arresting track.
18. Hard Kaur & Mika Sing weave in R&B, Hip-Hop, bhangra tune in this Bollywood track.
19. A pleasant, modern sounding ballad (very American sounds) by Ali Zafar & Sunidhi Chauhan. Think bubble gum music.
**20. A mid-tempo track with a nice rhythm sung in Hinglish (Hindi & English) by Benny Dayal & Ranveer Singh.There are s some rap verses thrown in mid-way.
**21. Catchy, mid-paced Punjabi tune with lots of dhol (drum). Sung by Babbu Mann & Suzanne D’Mello.
**22. A peppy song with some auto tuning. Strong Punjabi influence with a great beat.
23. Punjabi track with strong bhangra overtones & auto tuning. Kind of works.A tune that will have you tapping your toes.
24. This mashup reminds you of a bubble gum pop song.
Kamla Aug 2014