|People's Temple, The / Musical Garden|
|Artist:||People's Temple, The||Added:||08/2014|
|Add Date:||2014-08-29||Pull Date:||2014-10-31|
|Week Ending:||2 Nov||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct||7 Sep|
|1.||Oct 30, 2014:||Meow |
I Don't Mind (Reprise)
|4.||Oct 01, 2014:||Narnia |
Speak No More
|2.||Oct 15, 2014:||Narnia |
Fast Thrills, Smooth Moves
|5.||Sep 06, 2014:||Chillin' with Chelsea |
|3.||Oct 08, 2014:||Narnia |
|6.||Sep 03, 2014:||Brownian Motion |
I Heard You Singing (In The Other Room)
Psychedelic rock, with a touch of punk around the edges. Snappy songs with a rocking guitar and a heavy dose of fuzzy atmosphere. Most of the songs are just two minutes long, so it wouldn’t be difficult to squeeze one into a set, and they provide a nice dose of energy. Some of the songs feel a little underdeveloped, a little curt; but most are a rollicking good time. Expect simple lyrics and heavy dose of guitar.|
Recommended: 5, 12, 8, 1, 3. No FCCs.
1) “Crimson Rose” (2:16): Voice and guitar do a nice job of complementing each other here.
2) “Smooth Moves” (2:59): “When I saw you / I just had to have you / You’re so smooooth / But I know what to do.”
3) “Handsome Nick” (2:25): Nice, driving guitar propels everything forward.
4) “I Heard You Singing” (1:49): Distorted voices murmur in the background.
5) “I Don’t Mind (Prelude)” (1:25): Chanting, vocal harmonies. Ethereal and beautiful, if a little short.
6) “Good Times, Bad Luck” (2:36): Catchy chorus.
7) “Male Secretary” (1:54): A song dedicated to male secretaries. It sounds fun, but I thought it dragged a little.
8) “Fast Thrills” (1:55): A rockin’ instrumental track. Definitely some fast thrills here.
9) “Back To Zero” (2:09): Nice track. Ends with a longish instrumental section.
10) “If You Wanna Roll” (3:10): “If you want to roll, you can roll me.” Good song to listen to in your car.
11) “Masters Touch” (1:51): Uptempo song with heavy drums.
12) “Speak No More” (2:07): Kind of an oddball song on the album, with more of a punky flavor.
13) “Dreamer” (2:58): This song is a little slower and thicker, with lots of guitar hooks. Watch out for a very strange last ten seconds.