|Big Freedia / Just Be Free|
|Album:||Just Be Free||Collection:||General|
|Label:||No Label Information|
|Add Date:||2014-09-05||Pull Date:||2014-11-07|
|Week Ending:||2 Nov||26 Oct||5 Oct||14 Sep|
|1.||Sat, 01 Nov 14:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio
|3.||Thu, 02 Oct 14:||Eliza Ridgeway|
|2.||Sat, 25 Oct 14:||Eme O|
|4.||Mon, 08 Sep 14:||Zoë|
Fourth studio album from the Queen of Bounce himself, Big Freedia. If you dont know who this is, get on YouTube right now and find out. Bounce music is a pretty underground subgenre of Hip-Hop and Big Freedia is boosting its presence which is awesome. Not gonna pretend there is any substance to these lyrics...but it is still awesome. Listen and play if you want to have a huge dance party. That is all. RIYL: Major Lazer, Big Freedia, Girltalk, Diplo, Spankrock|
FCC WARNINGS: 5, 6, 10
Recommended Tracks: 3, 4, 1, 6 (Safe harbor only),
1. (2:27) Turn Da Beat Up - HUGE song, all of the fast paced beats and one phrase (give or take a few words) repeated over and over. I was hooked after only a couple bars.
2. (3:03) Dangerous - Less of a hit you over the head beat right off, dont worry it builds in. Weird samples of a girl talking and making "provocative" noises. Also, "Shake wiggle work, now kill yourself." Nonsense! But undeniably danceable.
3. (4:08) N.O. Bounce - Byfar my favorite. Horns at the beginning, and then all about the N.O. BOUNCE!! Almost a more classic house music feel to this, probably why I like it so much.
4. (3:37) Jump On It - Handclaps to keep the beat, cool sample, and some cheerleading type chanting going on. And then that beat drops. Holy shit. So good.
5. FCC (3:28) Lift Dat Leg Up - Not my favorite, not such a bummer that there is an FCC on this one....
6. FCC (2:55) Ol' Lady - This one is hilarious. Please play it in safe harbor. "wiggle your tail" FCC: Bitch, Ho
7. (3:44) Where My Queens At - Sirens and a banging beat.
8. (2:49) Explode - A little more abrasive. Not my favorite.
9. (3:01) Y'tootsay - This one is the most annoying one in my opinion. But he is saying "shake your y'tootsay" over and over and over...so that's cool I guess...?
10. FCC (3:58) Mo Azz - This one rules. But you know, he says "azz" over and over again and lots of other super suggestive things, so probably not good for non-safe harbor.
|1.||Turn Da Beat Up||6.||Ol' Lady|
|2.||Dangerous||7.||Where My Queens At|
|4.||Jump On It||9.||Y'tootsay|
|5.||Lift Dat Leg Up||10.||Mo Azz|