Folk / freak folk / psychedelic neo-folk. One-man band, Raymond Raposa, writes all the music. He is originally from San Diego and started releasing albums in the early 2000’s. Most of his albums are released on Asthmatic Kitty. This one is promoted by Team Clermont. RIYL: DM Smith, Will Oldham, Bowerbirds, Devendra Banhart. FCC clean on all tracks.
1. (4:18) ** Cool electronica strut. Very chill. Heavy bass with vocals reminiscent of yo la tengo.
2. (2:59) * Electronica with echoey vocals.
3. (3:54) ** sparse electric guitar plucking. Soft nice vocals, good song.
4. (4:14) ** Nice electronica groove. Showcases quality of singer’s voice. Great song.
5. (2:45) Dreamy, dark, electronica, with back up vocalists. Almost goth country.
6. (2:11) *Country with an indie pop folk sound, promoted song, you may like it more than me.
7. (3:19) Starts slow and a little dark. Goth country.
8. (3:04) Slow and easy, echoey deep and chill vocals. Saxophone.
9. (0:52) Instrumental, noisy and epic
10. (2:02) Trippy electronica with lots of weird noises and piano
11. (3:37) Echoey chill, auto-tuned, lazy strumming, much falsetto
12. (1:54) “Fishin outside the safeway… chasin down cars… on the bus”