Second album from Los Angeles based Amoeba Music co-workers turned band Allah-Las. It is folky at times, psych-rocky, with the distinct feeling of being recorded in a garage (which it was at least in part). It is cool, not super varied track to track so my individual track descriptions will just denote tempo and anything that stands out...but it is totally worth listening to and worth playing. RIYL: Love, Kurt Vile, The Animals, Temples.
Recommended Tracks: 4, 5, 9, 10, 14
1. (2:31) De Vida Voz - Mid, distorted rock guitar, sounds so much like a Love song it is weird.
2. (2:41) Had It All - Down tempo.
3. (3:33) Artifact - Mid tempo psych feel.
4. (3:36) Ferus Gallery - Mid tempo, great melody on this one.
5. (2:17) Recurring - Another psych rock song, mid tempo.
6. (3:41) Nothing To Hide - Down tempo, dreamy.
7. (2:47) Buffalo Nickel - Mid temp, some good "ba ba ba" backing vocals.
8. (3:11) Follow You Down - Mid tempo, garage rock.
9. (1:43) 501-415 - Faster paced, super catchy.
10. (2:39) Yemeni Jade - Down tempo, instrumental, cool instrumentation, super pretty song.
11. (2:50) Worship The Sun - Mid tempo, distant dreamy lyrics.
12. (2:49) Better Than Mine - Up tempo, toe tapping.
13. (2:28) No Werewolf - Another mid tempo psych garage rock track.
14. (3:25) Every Girl - Mid tempo, poppy surfy garage rock.